Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A plea to jamie

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

Jamie, as you can see, the avatar created by the international avatar creator using your old templates now have the wrong background color. Because the background colour merges with the shadow, it is beyond my skills to fix this.

I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure others as well, if you could update your two basic templates (the original one and the silver one I use) to match with the new background color, and give them to me in a format so I can update the C9IAC (preferably as png with the area for the image already transparent).

I would be eternally grateful. Or, at least until the next C9 design change. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

How about just implementing PNG's alpha channel?

• User profile image
    sbc

So users with compliant browsers will get the avatars with transparency, but those who don't won't.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    So users with compliant browsers will get the avatars with transparency, but those who don't won't.

Or the more reason not to use IE Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

Generic Forum Image

Jamie
    Toronto Canada

I'm waiting to see what the final word is on the avatar size.

In the meantime, I'm just going to use my own template

• User profile image
    eagle

I like the smaller Avatars, when someone posts many times on a thread the Avatars tend to dominate.

• User profile image
    Cairo

W3bbo wrote:
    sbc wrote:So users with compliant browsers will get the avatars with transparency, but those who don't won't.

Or the more reason not to use IE

They could add the ugly hack to make PNGs display correctly in IE.

• User profile image
    sbc

Cairo wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    sbc wrote:So users with compliant browsers will get the avatars with transparency, but those who don't won't.

Or the more reason not to use IE

They could add the ugly hack to make PNGs display correctly in IE.

That would discourage people from looking at alternative browsers. Sad

• User profile image
    Andrei P

PNG transparency? Another reason to use IE 7 Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.