Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Avatar updated - c9 Background issue

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

www.channel9.ca/avatar.zip

here is the regular avatar - with the new color

BUG - again c9 has made where avatars appear different colours:

This avatar will work in the forum - but go over to profile page - both in the side bar and when posts/threads appear the colour is DIFFERENT

so either your avatar looks good in the forums - OR - on your profile page (if set to match that)

• User profile image
    Cairo

C9 guys --- can you add the AlphaLoader hack that makes PNGs display correctly in IE, so that we can have PNG avatars?

• User profile image
    jamie

Generic Forum Image  <--

actually i also noticed where i manually placed my larger avatar in replies - that too is a different bg colour

the funny thing is - these 3 separate colours are so CLOSE the human eye cant really tell the difference anyway

the only way i noticed was by checking the avatar border colour

so why not just make them all the same colour as the regualr first thread - and i bet NO ONE will even notice

(its not like the bg's are red, blue and green - they are grey - grey abit lighter - grey abit darker)

• User profile image
    brussell

It looks to me like the replies are on a page that is the first reply. So the whole page bg is the slightly different color of the first post (look at the border next to the replies, it is the same color and is continuation of the first post). So making the replies the same color as the first post would be noticable with how the layout currently is.

• User profile image
    jamie

brussell wrote:
    It looks to me like the replies are on a page that is the first reply. So the whole page bg is the slightly different color of the first post (look at the border next to the replies, it is the same color and is continuation of the first post). So making the replies the same color as the first post would be noticable with how the layout currently is.

..but if the post avatars go back to regular size - they would still need there own column - and that would be the colour of the top thread bg - and the post bg would be lighter as it is now

First thread

Generic Forum Image jamie MS-ize the Acrylic UI! *see coreldraw 12
    Posted by jamie // Fri, Aug 26 2005

This avatar will work in the forum - but go over to profile page - both in the side bar and when posts/threads appear the colour is DIFFERENT

so either your avatar looks good in the forums - OR - on your profile page (if set to match that)

replies to thread

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Thanks Jamie!

I've put an updated version of the silver template for the C9IAC on the C9IAC templates wiki page. The new site layout has also broken the C9IAC's ability to load templates from the web (don't blame me, Stitch wrote that part Tongue Out ), so you'll have to save the file to your hard drive and then use the load from file button.

Jamie, think you can fix your original template as well?
    I mean this one:

• User profile image
    brussell

jamie wrote:
    brussell wrote: It looks to me like the replies are on a page that is the first reply. So the whole page bg is the slightly different color of the first post (look at the border next to the replies, it is the same color and is continuation of the first post). So making the replies the same color as the first post would be noticable with how the layout currently is.

..but if the post avatars go back to regular size - they would still need there own column - and that would be the colour of the top thread bg - and the post bg would be lighter as it is now

First thread

Generic Forum Image Quote ostThroneView:_ctl0ostRepeater:_ctl0:UserPostBar1:_ctl0:btnWatch> Generic Forum Image Edit

replies to thread

Generic Forum Image Quote ostThroneView:_ctl0ostRepeater:_ctl0:UserPostBar1:_ctl0:btnWatch0> Generic Forum Image Edit

Ah, gotcha.

• User profile image
    jamie

replies to thread

jamie
  • User profile image
    Maurits

Hmmm... no relative links?

Relative link

Absolute link

No, relative links work... must be an IE7 thing.

• User profile image
    PeterH

I'm having trouble uploading my new avatar at all. It seems as if it has worked, and then when I go to check, it just doesn't.

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Updated versions of all three avatar templates included with the C9IAC are now available on the templates wiki page.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Your avatar looks fine here. It may take a while to see the new one due to caching. And be sure you press refresh.

• User profile image
    jamie

seems fine here - looks good Smiley

• User profile image
    PeterH

Hmm, when I set show large avatar to no, it shows my new avatar, and when set to yes it shows my old one...

• User profile image
    PeterH

Ok, logged out, logged back in again, and now everything seems to be working Big Smile

Thanks for sending me the .psd Jaime

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.