Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Charles, please fix the textbox for IE7

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

Right now us IE7 users get just a plain textarea. I can't even add newlines to my post! Please fix this. TIA

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Works fine in FF1.0.6 here, which I'm using because I cannot post normally using IE7.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

I'll get this fix in today.

As far as Linux we'll have to get a test box setup and see what's going on there.  Any screenshots you want to send would help us get started.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Works fine on FF, IE6, and IE7 on Windows.

Maybe linux doesn't like Channel9? Sad

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

The HTML spec requires CRLF sequences as line breaks.

EDIT: Or are you talking about the client side script?

• User profile image
    Cairo

AdamKinney wrote:
    I'll get this fix in today.

As far as Linux we'll have to get a test box setup and see what's going on there.  Any screenshots you want to send would help us get started.

Good man!

I'll try it from the Mac this evening and send you screen shots of any dysfunction I see. If any.

• User profile image
    j0217995

I'm running FireFox on a Ubuntu KDE box and can view Channel9 fine.  LOoks great to me Cool

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Sven Groot wrote:
    Right now us IE7 users get just a plain textarea. I can't even add newlines to my post! Please fix this. TIA

The Editor Textbox has been updated to run in IE7 now.  You've got to give it up for John Dyer and his FreeTextBox control.  Great work.

• User profile image
    Lazycoder2

Sven Groot wrote:
    Does the editing area work in Safari yet? Nope. IMO, this should gracefully degrade. Honestly, it's just text. Wink

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

AdamKinney wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: Right now us IE7 users get just a plain textarea. I can't even add newlines to my post! Please fix this. TIA

The Editor Textbox has been updated to run in IE7 now.  You've got to give it up for John Dyer and his FreeTextBox control.  Great work.

Testing...

Yes, it works. Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sven Groot wrote:
    AdamKinney wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: Right now us IE7 users get just a plain textarea. I can't even add newlines to my post! Please fix this. TIA

Testing...

Yes, it works.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.