Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Show Large Avatars

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

    As the most frequent (or loudest) request was, make the avatars big;  There is now an option when your edit your profile called:

    Show Large Avatars: yes no

    Enjoy!

  • User profile image
    jamie

    HOORAY!!

    now.. make that the default choice ... k'emon!

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    Looks great. This way it's much easier to see who posted what without squinting. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Cairo

    Neat!

    Can you also add the "AlphaLoader" hack to get PNGs to display properly?


  • User profile image
    Charles

    Much nicer! Adam rocks!

    C

  • User profile image
    scobleizer

    I like the big avatars better. Why aren't they on by default and make the small ones an option?

  • User profile image
    jamie

    now that this is fixed - it would be nice still be able to have the option of uploading a separate small icon - as these rectangular ones dont look good a) small and b) squished

    so if the user doesnt do anything - the same avatar is used for both - but if the user chooses to "Upload 27px x 27x avatar - they can

    edit - actually adam .. if its possible can you put the text area ( this area here) back to the lighter colour - and keep the side as it currently is?

    the lighter colour for the text was a bit more cheerful - plus it had a cool cut-out shadow at the top:

     
     

    Generic Forum Image

    jamie MS-ize the Acrylic UI! *see coreldraw 12
    Generic Forum Image Quote tch0> Generic Forum Image Edit


    Hey look - the cool shadow is back and the page doesnt seem so drab!


    just because we like big avatars - doesnt mean we should get a lesser eXPerience at c9

    vive la avatar

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    scobleizer wrote:
    I like the big avatars better. Why aren't they on by default and make the small ones an option?
    Agreed. mVPstar

  • User profile image
    Maurits

    Huh.  I like the small ones myself.  But I don't care which is the default particularly Smiley

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Problem:

    With "Big Avatars" enabled, the side-panel is nudged out of place.

  • User profile image
    reedracer

    What is the secret password to my profile area?

  • User profile image
    reedracer

    reedracer wrote:

    What is the secret password to my profile area?



    Never mind found it!  Had to click my name and there lies the profile button.

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    jamie wrote:
    edit - actually adam .. if its possible can you put the text area ( this area here) back to the lighter colour - and keep the side as it currently is?

    Seconded. The quotes look wrong on the darker colour.
    Put please don't change the colour on the avatar sidebar, I don't want to change the avatars again.

  • User profile image
    Charles

    Adam is a busy boy.  Go easy on him, will ya? Smiley

    C

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Now where's "Don't show me avatars at all"?

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    Blowdart you mis-spelt "Beer28's posts".

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    blowdart wrote:
    Now where's "Don't show me avatars at all"?


    I'll admit that can be useful for going on Channel9 over Terminal Services or VNC, but I solved that by adding the path to the C9 avatars to AdBlock's blocklist in Firefox.

    Now it works perfectly.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    jamie wrote:
    now that this is fixed - it would be nice still be able to have the option of uploading a separate small icon - as these rectangular ones dont look good a) small and b) squished

    so if the user doesnt do anything - the same avatar is used for both - but if the user chooses to "Upload 27px x 27x avatar - they can

    edit - actually adam .. if its possible can you put the text area ( this area here) back to the lighter colour - and keep the side as it currently is?

    the lighter colour for the text was a bit more cheerful - plus it had a cool cut-out shadow at the top:

     
     

    Generic Forum Image

    jamie MS-ize the Acrylic UI! *see coreldraw 12
    Generic Forum Image Quote tch0> Generic Forum Image Edit


    Hey look - the cool shadow is back and the page doesnt seem so drab!


    just because we like big avatars - doesnt mean we should get a lesser eXPerience at c9

    vive la avatar


    adam you ROCK!

    thank you

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.