Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Menu drop downs on C9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    brussell

How come sometimes (most times) when I mouse over the options at the top ( Media, Wikis, Forums, etc) it doesn't show the options?

They quickly flash on/off the screen. I have to click Forums and then I can mouse over and get the list (The Coffehouse, Techoff, The Poll)

I liked having the TechOff and The Coffeehouse quick and easy to get to. The drop down menu thing isn't too bad when it works.

• User profile image
    jamie

ive noticed that too

EDIT: another formatting bug:

notice text above:

Posted by jamie // Fri, Aug 26 2005 3:14 PM

ive noticed that too....

looks weird the same size - should be :

Posted by jamie // Fri, Aug 26 2005 3:14 PM

ive noticed that too

so you can tell where post starts

*Edit - if people choose the larger avatar - make their defualt font this size - that would solve it. Then people who want everything compact can have little icons and tiny fonts to squint at - and everyone else can see who they are talking to and read without their glasses haha

• User profile image
    jamie

i know how to replicate the flyout bug as described above

on any page the flyouts work.  now scroll down enough so that you can see the flyout nav bar - but not the header

they are broken

• User profile image
    brussell

hey, that is it.

If you aren't scrolled all the way to the top of the page, the drop down menu won't work.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Curious.  It works in Deer Park (new Firefox build) even if I'm not scrolled all the way up.  Must be an IE-ism that got broken somehow.

Hey, I wonder if Adam is developing in Firefox Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Maurits wrote:
    Curious.  It works in Deer Park (new Firefox build) even if I'm not scrolled all the way up.  Must be an IE-ism that got broken somehow.

Hey, I wonder if Adam is developing in Firefox

Watch the video, he does Smiley

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

jamie wrote:
    i know how to replicate the flyout bug as described above

on any page the flyouts work.  now scroll down enough so that you can see the flyout nav bar - but not the header

they are broken

Ah, thank you sir!

I know how to fix it then Big Smile

• User profile image
    gaelhatchue

Also, you recently fixed the bug on drop down boxes hiding elements when you mouse over menus. The problem is that (with certain resolutions), mouse overing those menus does not cause a problem. So, it seems very weird when I mouse over a menu (Media menu for instance), and I see a drop down box (far away from that menu )just disapear.

You could try to check if the boxes you are hiding overlap with the menus.

function getPos (elementId)

{

var coords = {left: 0, top: 0}

var element;

if (document.all)

element = document.all[elementId];

else if (document.getElementById)

element = document.getElementById(elementId);

while (element)

{

coords.left += element.offsetLeft;

coords.top += element.offsetTop;

element = element.offsetParent;

}

return coords;

}

Other than that, great interface.Big Smile

• User profile image
    Maurits

gaelhatchue wrote:
    You could try to check if the boxes you are hiding overlap with the menus.

And also, whether the browser is IE 6 or less on Windows.  Does IE7 fix the <select>-vs.-z-index problem?  Sven?

• User profile image
    jamie

i updated channel9.ca flyouts to look like this site

best part - is if you use it - coffeehouse is always homepage and youve got the bar still there when you scroll down on any page

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.