Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

wiki bug: "recent changes" not so recent

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Maurits

The wiki "Recent Changes" page lists every change going back to April of 2004.  Not sure if this is a bug in the page or a simple "documentation error" Wink

I kind of like history-going-back-forever... I'm a fan of perfect-information systems.  But could the page show (say) 20 changes at a time, with "Next" and "Previous" controls?  Or perhaps month/year links would be more appropriate...

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Yes, and while you are at it, do everything I posted in this thread. As well as the email I sent Charles, and any other requests for the Wiki I have made Big Smile

Please please please please SmileyBig Smile:)Big SmileMad[C]ExpressionlessSmileyTongue Out:D
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    eagle

The Wiki refresh looks great, it has become an intergral part of C9.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

eagle wrote:
    The Wiki refresh looks great, it has become an intergral part of C9.

I beg to differ. The Wiki has just gone with the flow of the theme change of C9 (which I have reason to believe is called, Almost Glass Big Smile (I get that from the HTML code)) and has recieved no extra features (besides tips on the WikiEdit page), no more integration than it used to be. If the admins were to cut the Wiki off it would have little effects on C9 as a whole (maybe a few users making a few threads about it but that's it). And that's what I don't like about the way the Wiki is in the Channel9 world, I'd love to see it underneath the umbrella of the main RSS feed, or have it's own spot in the "Limit to specific forums" menu box thingy in the search page. Not to mention more promotion of users adding content to the Wiki Smiley I really like the Wiki and would like to see it become a rooted piece of C9, not to mention the amount of teams who regularly check the Wiki for bug reports and feature requests. I'd like to see some gratitude towards them for using our Wiki, by integrating the Wiki into Channel9 Big Smile

Please integrate the Wiki, and do it WikiWiki!
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Ugh, you caught us.  Yes the wiki just absorbed the applied styles, although I do think it looks better.

I think the wiki is still a very experimental section and we're learning as a community how to use it.  When I click the HomePage it looks like a place that needs a lot of love and time to organize.

I think you're right it could become valuable, but I think we may need a few more niners who love to organize information.  i myself should spend some time walking through the pages of info.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.