Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Live questions while interviews?(For scoble and charles)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Chadk

Yo guys!

Yesterday, you talked about that it might be an option, that you guys brings a Tablet while you are at interview, and you come to our IRC chan, and make us do some questions to the guys you are interviewing!

It was really a great idea. Are you planing to do this? Would be really cool!

Ill hope to see ya on IRC again today!

Charlie

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

This would be a great idea! Although it would be unfortunate for those in the conflicting time zones... but that really can't be avoided...

• User profile image
    Chadk

Tyler Brown wrote:
    This would be a great idea! Although it would be unfortunate for those in the conflicting time zones... but that really can't be avoided...

Indeed. That is really also a problem for me, since i live in denmark. But its still a great idea, to let all the niners state some questions!

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I could see it being rather difficult however. People would be watching a live feed and throwing all kinds of questions into the ring. The interview could go on indefinately. But the good thing about it is that whatever questions don't get around to being answered during the interview could be posted, with answers, somewhere here on the forums.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Don't forget that we already have those MSN Chatroom Discussions going on.

Although I personally dislike the MSN Chatrooms, I think IRC would be a better setting, since we could use our own clients.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I was thinking the same W3bbo, as I believe IE is required to use those MSN Chatrooms. I could be wrong...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Tyler Brown wrote:
    I was thinking the same W3bbo, as I believe IE is required to use those MSN Chatrooms. I could be wrong...

I think the new ones use AJAX, like MSN Web Messenger, and do work in other browsers.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

W3bbo wrote:
    Don't forget that we already have those MSN Chatroom Discussions going on.

Wait...what MSN chatrooms? Perplexed

Have you guys been holding out on me! Mad

mVPstar

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

mVPstar wrote:
    W3bbo wrote: Don't forget that we already have those MSN Chatroom Discussions going on.

Wait...what MSN chatrooms?

Have you guys been holding out on me!

mVPstar

Seconded. What chat rooms?

• User profile image
    Chadk

NeoTOM wrote:
    mVPstar wrote:
    W3bbo wrote: Don't forget that we already have those MSN Chatroom Discussions going on.

Wait...what MSN chatrooms?

Have you guys been holding out on me!

mVPstar

Seconded. What chat rooms?

I also wanna know man!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

You know, those chats advertised on MSDN and sometimes are posted here, where you go onto an MSN Chatroom with other Microsoft employees for some technical chat or discussion, usually a question-and-answer session.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Schedule seems kind of empty right now but here's the link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/

• User profile image
    Chadk

We can't have that charles and scoble dosen't see this post!
    Bump bump:$

• User profile image
    ZippyV

The biggest problem with the msdn chats is that to many people connect to that channel and start asking lots of questions. If you are going to do this then please limit the number of members asking questions on that channel.

• User profile image
    Manip

If you limit the number of questions, how would you do that?

Anyway it is better Microsoft employees get flooded with questions so they can pick out the most important / interesting ones to answer.

If they did try and filter then what would happen is all the MVP twats would get their questions answered and leave us with nothing.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Manip wrote:

Anyway it is better Microsoft employees get flooded with questions so they can pick out the most important / interesting ones to answer.

Having ran a few web casts, with pop stars, having open questions is insane. At peek we were getting over 100 questions a second. Not bad for an asp page knocked up in a couple of hours because the previous one simply didn't worked.

We ended up having 3 stage moderation, auto moderation of spammed questions, then 5-10 people at the first level filtering out "Will you marry me", "My mum fancies you" type questions, 5 at second level picking out interesting ones, then the final interviewer who choose from the interesting ones.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.