Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

First bug in Redesign

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    NeoTOM

No locks for Locked posts. Reply buttons are open and just take you to a "This post is locked" page.

Mutated from Community Server and FlexWiki,

Loadsgood NeoTOM.

EDIT: Edit. Breaks the flow of the icon tray. Unless you're the first post.

Or have large avs on.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Got 'em recorded, thanks Smiley

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Wiki uses old emoticons.

Recent photos shows all photos in Portrait layout, regardless of original size.

Where's the "Niners" page?

How the crap do I submit 9G ATW photos?

(By the way, my 9 Guy broke. Sad. I need a new one- do you guys want another postcard? I have a few...)

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

In Large posts, shouldn't "Posted by" go inline with the bar above the post with the Reply/New/Watch/#? And what's the point of saying who posted a thread when their avatar is right next to it? Sure, posts without avatars I can understand, but why not just make it for those posts?

• User profile image
    asharism

Well the UI breaks in FF. Mad

On the front page, if you click on any of the previous pages they show up well. But details of that video are overlaid by the backgroud.

This happen on both my home and office computers...

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

NeoTOM wrote:
    Wiki uses old emoticons.

Recent photos shows all photos in Portrait layout, regardless of original size.

Where's the "Niners" page?

How the crap do I submit 9G ATW photos?

(By the way, my 9 Guy broke. . I need a new one- do you guys want another postcard? I have a few...)

old emoticons, check...

yes, the thumbnail photos are constrained on purpose to keep the buttons from bouncing up and down.  but the currently viewed one should be full size.

If we bring back the Niners page we'd like to redo the interface a bit.  With 28k+ users it could be done better.

9 Guy forum became the Photos forum, so you can add a new topic here.  Yes we need to make that more obvious.

Sure send another postcard, maybe this time with superman on it.

NeoTOM wrote:
    In Large posts, shouldn't "Posted by" go inline with the bar above the post with the Reply/New/Watch/#? And what's the point of saying who posted a thread when their avatar is right next to it? Sure, posts without avatars I can understand, but why not just make it for those posts?

Yes, the large avatar view can be refined some more.  good suggestions.

asharism wrote:
    Well the UI breaks in FF.

This is working fine on my machine with FF. Could you send me a screenshot and version numbers.  Thanks.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Instead of having "CLASSIFIED" for the profile, wouldn't it be easier to just skip it altogether?

Something should be done about people with 160x27 avatars.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

NeoTOM wrote:
    Loadsgood NeoTOM. 

Funny Smiley I'd also like to see a h4xx0r C9 emoticon, any chance of that happening Adam? Big Smile

I wouldn't say this list is the first bug but close enough eh? Personally I'd like more difference between the time I made the post, and the actual post. Right now the style of having the date in the gold bar (like the small avatars do) is the way to go, could you make this the same for big avatar people Chadam? Smiley (That's Charles and Adam put together because they're the Devs in C9).

Mind you I would've reported the emoticons being the wrong colour but last time I did that Charles... Never mind Wink

As for the other stuff nice work, I haven't really been looking in the other forums for bugs so NeoTOM has done some really nice work Smiley
    How does one get their thread on the featured list anyway? Is it the same as what we're watching or different? But now that you've got the what we're watching section set up in the way it is, does that mean you can't watch threads which aren't in the video section and that's what the featured section is for? Maybe you should update the About page with info on the new design and the new system on which we C9ers will be living upon...

When logged out the reply button is along side the login button, even though both lead to the same place.

EDIT: When I post a reply it would be nice to have my drowser directed to that post rather than just go to the top thread thanks Smiley

Bring back the ink!
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Loadsgood wrote:
      I'd also like to see a h4xx0r C9 emoticon, any chance of that happening Adam?

Don't quite know what you mean, but  (altered version of my own )

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Currently this window title is stuck at "Channel9 Wiki: C9InternationalAvatarCreator".

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

NeoTOM wrote:
    Loadsgood wrote:   I'd also like to see a h4xx0r C9 emoticon, any chance of that happening Adam?

Don't quite know what you mean, but  (altered version of my own )

Well at other forums they have an emoticon of a little round face with a black band across the eyes, somewhat like a robber or something, but when hovered over it usually says h4xx0r or the like.

EDIT: Chadam, could you make it so that when I'm replying to someone the default selection of "No smileys..." is set by the forum not the user? As in the default for "No smileys..." is setting = off right? Well when I'm replying to a user who has selected "No smileys..." setting = on, it sets the default to on rather than what the forum default is... If you understand what I mean Tongue Out

I was going to request something but I forgot what it was...
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Big pictures don't resize automatically. See http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=105619#105619.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

We still can't delete our own posts.

Editing a post brings it to the bottom of the order. I think. I'm pretty sure I saw it happen.

• User profile image
    asharism

AdamKinney wrote:

asharism wrote:Well the UI breaks in FF.

This is working fine on my machine with FF. Could you send me a screenshot and version numbers.  Thanks.

Adam,

I just rechecked it... but it seems to be working fine now.
    Anyways, I'm using FF 1.0.6 on a fully updated Windows XP machine.

I love the re-design... Great work guys!

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

NeoTOM wrote:
    Big pictures don't resize automatically. See http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=105619#105619.

That's IE's problem not C9's.

I don't think we should be able to delete our posts, that's just wrong. If a few people have deleted their posts it ruins the flow of the thread.

Just my opinion,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Loadsgood wrote:
    NeoTOM wrote: Big pictures don't resize automatically. See http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=105619#105619.

That's IE's problem not C9's.

No, it's C9's. It should add tags for width="800" and height="600" or whatever.

Loadsgood wrote:

I don't think we should be able to delete our posts, that's just wrong. If a few people have deleted their posts it ruins the flow of the thread.

You'd rather have edited posts saying "Whoops, never mind"? I'd rather have the ability to delete posts assuming we'd use it rationally.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

NeoTOM wrote:

Any chanceof seeing these appear on C9?

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

OK, now locked posts just have a terribly out of place icon.

And it still appears twice.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.