Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

If marketing is a conversation...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

...and no doubt that Scoble is marketing MS -- then shutting off his blog's comment is impeding this conversation somewhat?  Is this not dissimilar to Google taking the ball away from C|Net & going home? Or is the real truth is that Scoble doesn't really have time to read his blog's comments anyway?

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Minh wrote:
    ...and no doubt that Scoble is marketing MS -- then shutting off his blog's comment is impeding this conversation somewhat?  Is this not dissimilar to Google taking the ball away from C|Net & going home? Or is the real truth is that Scoble doesn't really have time to read his blog's comments anyway?

Did he shut off his comments section?  It still looked active to me.  I think I even tossed a gentle jibe his direction in one of his recent posts where he linked the Britney Spears blog (*gag*).

• User profile image
    Minh

JChung2006 wrote:

Did he shut off his comments section?  It still looked active to me.  I think I even tossed a gentle jibe his direction in one of his recent posts where he linked the Britney Spears blog (*gag*).

Clicking on "Comments" in my BlogLines interface I get this:

userland error wrote:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't create item "." because "" is an illegal name.

The error was detected by Frontier 9.0 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster: dave@userland.com. Time: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:45:21 GMT.

But going directly to the blog, I can see the comments. I guess I jumped to conclusion after reading the "entitlement" post. Sorry Scoble. BlogLines get your act together. If I see that damn plummer one more time...

• User profile image
    eagle

Bloglines is being upgraded, they are going to be having many more services for bloggers.

Marketing is about creating new products that will sell.

When the conversation is accruing after a product has been released it’s just a form of advertising or stealth PR.

• User profile image
    Rossj

I wouldn't read too much into the comments being broken.  They're breaking every few days ... something wrong at Userland.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.