Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Photostory 3:  "Wildlife"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

www.channel9.ca/wildlife.wmv

this is at the bottom of my street basically - it's called the Leslie Street Spit - which is a man made island of debree from ripped down toronto buildings..

the good news?  its become a wildlife sanctuary - and these black herons and beavers swans geese etc have made this their home

I hope Toronto NEVER wins the Olympics (it keeps bidding on) as all this would be gone

anyway - just a 2 hour sunday walk put to a mccartney tune

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Ah, if Toronto could only have kept Moxy Früvous together, that would be a real treat... Sad

• User profile image
    jamie

haha mapping the ge-ome gomesheeeee

hey i liked one album - it was beatley (for get name)  had a "car" song on it

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Ah, yes. That would have been the Album, "Wood".. The song was, "Get in the Car..". I was more of a "Bargainville" fan, myself. At the risk of having this thread locked, my favorite song was their A Cappella version of "The Gulf War Song", although, "My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors" was a cool hit.

I'll have to come up to Toronto at some point. I've never made it to Canada yet, and really should get out more.. Smiley

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

It wasn't Wood. It was "You Will Go To The Moon.".. Another cool album with A Capella at the end..

My favorite one that one was "Kick in the A$$". Just cool song with a cool beat that listed all of the people which needed, well, a kick in the right place.. "That guy stealin' my parking space", "That guy that wrote the book about the Bell Curve", and my favorite, "Some guy  complaining that they got no Hors Dourves"

Sorry about the mix up. I'm such like the stereotype of a teenage girl, upset that my favorite band broke up.

• User profile image
    jamie

if we're talking moxy furvous - you ever heard of the reo-statics?

they used to open for us a long time ago ha

i cant say i have any of there stuff - but i loved their soundtrack for the movie "Whale Music"  which was sort of a Brian Wilson life story takeoff

anyway - the song "Claire" by reostatics reminds me of the lush harmonies in that MF album above

see if you can "find" it Wink

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

First: Cool Photo-story! Reminds me, somewhat, of where I grew up, in Delaware: we have some nice Estuaries, and if you know where to look, some really nice photo-opportunities.

Second, sorry, I"ve never heard of the reo-statics. I'll have to find "Claire", though. Sounds like I"d like it. It's the problem living in the US.. If it's not on a corporate-approved playlist, it isn't likely on the radio, although WXPN out of Philly plays a lot of indie stuff.

Thanks for the tip!

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Found them.. They're the "Rheostatics". I'll have to check them out more.. They seem too indie to have anything on Napster (but I'll look anyway) and I don't use iTunes.

Maybe I'll contribute to the US trade deficit and buy an album and try it out.

Dunno, I'm still hoping Früvous gets back together.. Wishful thinking.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

MisterDonut wrote:

Found them.. They're the "Rheostatics". I'll have to check them out more.. They seem too indie to have anything on Napster

Then try MSN Music afterwards.

• User profile image
    BruceLee

The pictures and music are very nice. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.