Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Problems replying to posts with Firefox

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Oberon

The new Channel 9 redesign has been causing me great headaches when trying to reply posts using Firefox. Most of the time when I click the reply button I get an editor screen that is empty when it should contain post you are replying to. If you then hit the back button the message magically appears. However, now the "HTML" tab has stopped functioning. There is no response to clicking on it. Also if you try to type some text and preview/post, none of the message you typed shows up. It acts as if you have not edited anything.

This is a royal pain. I'm surprised I haven't seen more Firefox users complain about it because the ability to reply is pretty much broken. Sad

Are any other Firefox users having similar problems? I'm using 1.06 under Linux most of the time.

• User profile image
    Oberon

Okay, I tried making some replies in Firefox under Windows and I'm not experiencing the same problems I had under Linux. [C]

Charles/Adam: any chance you could try doing some testing under Linux? Do you guys even have access to machines with Linux on them?

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Yep, we've got that down as a bug.  FireFox is working just fine on Windows, but there is something going wrong with FF on Linux.  We'll keep you updated.

• User profile image
    blowdart

AdamKinney wrote:
    Yep, we've got that down as a bug.  FireFox is working just fine on Windows, but there is something going wrong with FF on Linux.  We'll keep you updated.

No it's really not. I get the same problem under windows, albeit intermitant.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.