Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is there any workaround for this bug?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

This bug is driving me crazy Smiley

View this in IE and in any standards-compliant browser and spot the difference.

Here's the Reference Rendering for those who don't have a 90% CSS2.1 compliant browser.

Does anyone know any workarounds?

• User profile image
    sbc

It is to do with the fact that IE positions items relative to the containing absolute positioned or floated block element.

The only fix I can think of is to set a width on the containing div, unfortunately, when you set it to '100%' the box ends up too large.

Until IE7, I don't think this will work in IE.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    Until IE7, I don't think this will work in IE.

Is the bug fixed in IE7?

• User profile image
    sbc

W3bbo wrote:
    sbc wrote:Until IE7, I don't think this will work in IE.

Is the bug fixed in IE7?

I think it is, but maybe someone who has IE7 can confirm this?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    I think it is, but maybe someone who has IE7 can confirm this?

I doubt it. IE7 Beta 1's rendering engine is "Trident 4.5", we'll see the first version of "Trident 5" in IE7 Beta 2.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

It's still there, but that's probably because not many changes were done in the rendering engine of IE7 Beta 1. I believe IE7 Beta 2 will implement more drastic changes.

• User profile image
    MichaelT

W3bbo wrote:
    This bug is driving me crazy

View this in IE and in any standards-compliant browser and spot the difference.

Here's the Reference Rendering for those who don't have a 90% CSS2.1 compliant browser.

Does anyone know any workarounds?

This, perhaps?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.