Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Search Wars:Google vs. Yahoo vs. Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manickernel

I have heard a rumour that Microsoft is going to get into the search battle. As a sysadmin that uses the MSKB extensively I have one little observation. When looking for a relevant article, I have found it FAR more likely that I will find the MSKB article thru google than using Microsoft's own search engine in the Knowledge Base. Any comments?

• User profile image
    lars

That is my experience as well.

/Lars.

• User profile image
    SorinD

I'm (mostly Wink) an Application Developer and I have the same experience when trying to find somethin within MSDN or anywhere on Microsoft's site.

I don't like that. I don't want to use Google (don't ask me why: I would rather use MSN Search instead, because of my personal choice). So, it's good that Microsoft wants to do something about this.

• User profile image
    kurbli

Use http://www.inetcom.hu/mskb page.
    Field names:
    Keresendő termék nevének részlete = part of the product name
    az elmúlt = past
    napban = days
    You will get the result a searchable RSS Feed.

• User profile image
    spiderLab

Something is going on, watch in your web server logs,
    I think that you will or allready have seen a huge increase in hits from the MSNBot, and it also indexing almost everything.

Up 35% in June of all search agents

• User profile image
    gabe19

It  has also been my experience that MS searching is abysmal. Google is far better. So, as a regular user of all things MS, I can only hope that their investment in this area will reap benefits for all of their products that utilize search.

Does anyone from MS have a sense for how distributed the search technologies will be throughout the products?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.