Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Search Wars:Google vs. Yahoo vs. Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manickernel

I have heard a rumour that Microsoft is going to get into the search battle. As a sysadmin that uses the MSKB extensively I have one little observation. When looking for a relevant article, I have found it FAR more likely that I will find the MSKB article thru google than using Microsoft's own search engine in the Knowledge Base. Any comments?

• User profile image
    lars

That is my experience as well.

/Lars.

• User profile image
    SorinD

I'm (mostly Wink) an Application Developer and I have the same experience when trying to find somethin within MSDN or anywhere on Microsoft's site.

I don't like that. I don't want to use Google (don't ask me why: I would rather use MSN Search instead, because of my personal choice). So, it's good that Microsoft wants to do something about this.

• User profile image
    kurbli

Use http://www.inetcom.hu/mskb page.
    Field names:
    Keresendő termék nevének részlete = part of the product name
    az elmúlt = past
    napban = days
    You will get the result a searchable RSS Feed.

• User profile image
    spiderLab

Something is going on, watch in your web server logs,
    I think that you will or allready have seen a huge increase in hits from the MSNBot, and it also indexing almost everything.

Up 35% in June of all search agents

• User profile image
    gabe19

It  has also been my experience that MS searching is abysmal. Google is far better. So, as a regular user of all things MS, I can only hope that their investment in this area will reap benefits for all of their products that utilize search.

Does anyone from MS have a sense for how distributed the search technologies will be throughout the products?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.