Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

BUG: Posting on page N (N>1) causes page 1 to be displayed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cairo

It would be nicer if, after making a reply, I were to be returned to the page my replay appears on, rather than to page 1.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Cairo wrote:
    It would be nicer if, after making a reply, I were to be returned to the page my replay appears on, rather than to page 1.

We know! We know! We all know! I think everyone is bugging this in a new thread.

Wiki page anyone?

• User profile image
    Maurits

blowdart wrote:
    Wiki page anyone?

Heh Smiley Good idea.  I'd prefer a real bug-tracking system though, complete with votes... like this one

Saves digging around in random bug-report threads.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Cairo wrote:

+1 on this.

Consider some corner cases...

If a topic has 60 replies (two-and-a-half pages,) and I reply to a post on page two, I should be taken to page three.

If a topic has 74 replies (exactly three pages,) and I reply to any post, I should be taken to page four which should consist solely of my new reply.

In general, if my new reply has ID N, I should be redirected to ShowPost.aspx?PostID=N#N and the server should figure out what page of the thread that is.

• User profile image
    Cairo

blowdart wrote:
    Cairo wrote:It would be nicer if, after making a reply, I were to be returned to the page my replay appears on, rather than to page 1.

We know! We know! We all know! I think everyone is bugging this in a new thread.

Wiki page anyone?

My bad. I don't read every thread on C9.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Hey, there is actually a bug topic on the wiki

• User profile image
    Charles

We are aware of this bug.

Thanks

C

• User profile image
    Charles

How about now?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Charles wrote:
    How about now?

Had to hunt for a thread to try, but looks good.

Could we get the passport login think sorted, especially the wiki not picking up the username. That just bugs me so much Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.