Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel9 redesign patch

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

A patch has been applied to fix some of the more obvious bugs of the redesign implemented last Friday.  Click here to see a view of what bugs we have open, which ones have been closed and which suggestions we are tracking.

Thanks for the feedback and helping us tighten up the site Big Smile

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Now would be a good time for W3bbo's insecticide. Smiley mVPstar

• User profile image
    Andy H

lol found a bug on the bug page. When you click back it redirects to channel.msdn.com instead of channel9.msdn.com Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

It's not just firefox under linux that looses the contents of a reply or edit box.

it almost looks like after the page loads there's a redirect, as you have to go back twice to get to where you were.

And please, the passport issue. Please! Please!

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Passport issue... can you explain here or point to where you have?

What version of FF are you running on windows?  I've been posting from FF without any problems for awhile now.

• User profile image
    Maurits

AdamKinney wrote:
    Passport issue

From what I've heard:

* Logout doesn't work/doesn't exist
    * Wiki changes are not correctly attributed

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

1. What does X mean, fixed or not?
    2. Why is this not a Wiki page?

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

I just quickly tested the logout with Passport and it worked fine for me.  Hmm...

NeoTOM wrote:
    1. What does X mean, fixed or not?
    2. Why is this not a Wiki page?

1. X means closed/resolved/fixed (added to the page)

2. This was my list that I complied from the threads.  I should head back into the wiki and clean up the feature request/bug area.  I think we should still gather bugs there.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Hey Adam, I've created this Wiki page for all the requests I have for you, the C9Team and the Wiki. As the NB says I'll finish it soon. I would've added this to the real Wiki bugs and features pages but they're clogged full of bugs from the old design and I don't really know which ones are valid and which are not. I tried as much as I could to base it on Channel9's current structure so that it would be easy to do. Maybe an RSS feed for that bug/feature page? Wink

Nice work Adam Cool
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

X Small Avatar view, edit button breaks "action" box
    Uh, no. Still a new line here.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Great, thanks for the write up!

Yeah we should give some love to the wiki.  As far as our bugs, maybe we could just tap into the MSDN Product Feedback machine somehow ...

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

NeoTOM wrote:

Are you using IE?  Did you push "refresh" to get the latest stylesheet?

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

AdamKinney wrote:
    NeoTOM wrote:

Are you using IE?  Did you push "refresh" to get the latest stylesheet?

Refresh on what page? I've refreshed a whole bunch.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

ah, there is a reply in ink button there now.  It should work now for you...

• User profile image
    blowdart

AdamKinney wrote:
    I just quickly tested the logout with Passport and it worked fine for me.  Hmm...

I'm glad you can see logout, I don't even get that. All I ever see is Login.

But I am logged in.

I could of course logout via passport.com, but that kind of defeats the object.

And yes, wiki changes don't get attributed

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

blowdart wrote:
    And yes, wiki changes don't get attributed

Yes they do, they just get attributed to your .Net Passport's unigue ID. In the View your Unique ID under the Account Services section on the passport.net site, it states that when you login to your .Net Passport on any website that unique ID is sent to the website you logged into so that the website can easyily manage your prferences and stuff. So that means that the Wiki must pull the unique ID rather than checking what user your logged in as on the C9 site. Also rather than checking with C9, the Wiki shows your IP Address when you edit a page. I know there are restrictions in place for the Wiki to return an error, but I can still restore a page to a previous state when I'm not logged in. It should rather check if you are logged in to C9 and if not return a certain UI and if so return a different UI.

Gotta love the Wiki Smiley
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    androidi

There may be intermittent bug that delete key does not work in the editor. Also the editor seems to be taking up to 70% of CPU while moving the caret around the text. (To reproduce that % you may need to have < 1 Ghz speed with keyboard settings allowing fast movement of the caret with cursor keys)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.