Coffeehouse Thread

59 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C9 Zero Tolerance - 3 strikes you're out?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Charles wrote:
    Sometimes I think Coffeehouse was a bad idea and we should remove it.

Please don't, because as you said, it's only a minority of users!  Don't be disappointed, Charles, you are doing a GREAT job, and in the true spirit of Channel9, the Coffeehouse must stay Smiley

If you would remove it, you give in to these few jerks, instead of standing up for what Channel9 really is: a wonderful community and source of information, one of the few sites on the Internet that is worth visiting every day!!

• User profile image
    MasterPi

<offtopic>

Sven Groot wrote:
    So, take it from an expert, Ballmer is stuck with this story for a long time. Tongue Out

Well, I look at it this way, Steve Ballmer got to throw a chair and Steve Jobs didn't. Steve Ballmer is passionate about his company and will show it in a very human way. Steve Jobs represses his feelings and chooses to, along with Google, bully the presses when he is angry about something.

In the end, who becomes a legend? From reading a lot of Scoble's blog, I have come to understand the significance of being bold.  It's always about being bold.

</offtopic>

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Charles

dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Charles wrote: Sometimes I think Coffeehouse was a bad idea and we should remove it.

Please don't, because as you said, it's only a minority of users!  Don't be disappointed, Charles, you are doing a GREAT job, and in the true spirit of Channel9, the Coffeehouse must stay

If you would remove it, you give in to these few jerks, instead of standing up for what Channel9 really is: a wonderful community and source of information, one of the few sites on the Internet that is worth visiting every day!!

Yeah, I was venting this morning. After a long weekend, coming into work to this type of cluster$#% was rather disheartening...

Thanks for the support, everybody.

C

PS: Does anybody else never use the Preview feature I instated a while back? I'm always going back and editing. Should be auto-preview?

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Charles wrote:

PS: Does anybody else never use the Preview feature I instated a while back? I'm always going back and editing. Should be auto-preview?

It would be nice if it showed you a little preview as you type...sort of like an AJAX kind of thing, but without the xmlHTTPrequest.

When I post, I just want my post to be done.  I don't want to have to view an extra page just to correct myself. 

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Charles wrote:
    dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Charles wrote: Sometimes I think Coffeehouse was a bad idea and we should remove it.

Please don't, because as you said, it's only a minority of users!  Don't be disappointed, Charles, you are doing a GREAT job, and in the true spirit of Channel9, the Coffeehouse must stay

Yeah, I was venting this morning. After a long weekend, coming into work to this type of cluster$#% was rather disheartening...

Thanks for the support, everybody.

C

I use it quite often to try and keep the content of my posts high. I for one would like to see a preview button in the Photos forum, and in any other forums that don't have it. "But that would require the user to be able to upload a photo before we approve it!" is what you might say, well I beg to differ. When someone clicks the Preview button it would open a new page that in the HTML code links to the local image so if approved, the preview would look just like it would in the photos forum. Of course you would link to the local image, and have restrictions on the images size (just like you do for approved threads). Heck you could even use forced preview where the user has to preview their new photos thread before they send it to you. Why? Because if they linked to something other than an image, they would be sent stright back to the AddPost page.

I'd also like to see a preview button for ink posts, you could save the image that the ink becomes (when an ink post is made), to the users temp internet directory and link to it in a new Preview page.

Although I don't know the exact details of how this would be done it should be easy. If not, for the photos forum put an image in the place of the real photo and have the photo be silver with: "Your photo goes here" or equivalent. If it's too hard for putting in a preview button on the Ink posts try and make it a third tab (even though putting Ink as a third tab is considerably harder).

Just a bunch of ideas. Don't forget security!
    Loadsgood.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.