Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ANTI-SMOKING

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dfowler7437

Smoking in public is bad for your image.  Just imagine how you look, standing outside in the fresh air and sunlight, sucking on a personal pollution factory!

Here is a prank to play on a smoker...  Lace one of his/her cigarettes with potassium nitrate.  When potassium nitrate burns it products oxygen.  The oxygen will cause the cig to burn faster, burning more potassium nitrate, making more oxygen to burn faster...  The smoker will suck down the entire pollution load on the same draw used to light the cigarette!

I don't recommend that you actually try this.. It could burn their lips off or generate enough heat to damage their lungs. It might be funny to see but it's probably better to let the cigarettes kill them slowly. 

Now do I get a GMail account?

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

How could anyone want a Gmail account?

• User profile image
    Tryfen

I watched my boss take 4 "5 minute" smoke breaks a day (actuall time, 15 mins per break) before I twigged... if he could do it, so could I.  If he ever caught me reading Dilbert I was "having a smoke break", if I ever wanted to leave early I was "taking all my smoke breaks at the same time", and if I was ever late for work... you guessed it "having a smoke with Carla/Joe/Bob".

Of course, what really stopped my boss from smoking was that he (an American) soon picked up the British slang for ciggarrette... "Fag".  Needless to say, when he let that one slip out in Texas, his mortification stopped him smoking overnight Smiley

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Remove this post and ban this retard.

• User profile image
    mwiseley

I am writing this for a gmail account and to agree that I don't agree with smoking.  It's funny, I know lots of people who have smoked and continue to smoke.  The one comment I hear almost every smoker that quits say is that they can't believe how much smoking makes them stink.  To a smoker, they don't realize that the smoke smell follows them everywhere.  If you choose to do it, then that is your choice, and the rest of the world just deals with it.  But if you do it around children, then shame on you.  You are making a choice, but they don't have that choice.  To many people die from second hand smoke.  Keep your smoke to yourself.

Later.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Wow, that was fun... ok your on the list. =)

• User profile image
    mwiseley

Sorry it wasn't more fun.  Ask me after a few beers and then I will go on a rampage for ya.  Smiley

Thought I better leave my e-mail:
    markwiseley at mchsi dot com.

Thanks again for the gmail account  I am eagerly waiting.  Smiley

• User profile image
    Jaz

zippy V i'm really not understanding your attitude here.  Whats it doing to harm you, it's just some fun and offtopicness to get a gmail account.  If you don't like the subject or the author you don't have to read the thread do you.  not everything in the coffeehouse has to revolve around MS or even technological aspects of life.  that said i don't want to see this place degraded to silly things like "i'm so upset my g/f broke up with me, help" or "help me with my physics homework"

but really to call for a ban and to call the guy a retard just because they're having fun about non smoking and the chance to get a gmail account is a bit overboard,  stay off the pro plus and calm down a little.  we're all friends here

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

zippy V must smoke...

• User profile image
    themaze333

Hey All!

Smoking in public is tacky.  As kids, my brother and I put these "cigarette pops" in our father's cigs.  They explode like a firecracker.  They can be purchased at novelty stores.  Anyway he always had a smoke on the toilet as he read the morning paper.  Boy did we scare the sh*t out of him!  He wasn't to happy with our prank.

By the way I would love a gmail invite.

Mark  themaze333@yahoo.com

• User profile image
    dfowler7437

Did anyone that posted an Anti-Smoking peice get their invite?

• User profile image
    caramel

I am not against smokers as that is their choice and most of them are old enough to know the repercussions of their actions. However, being in public and causing other people to inhale the smoke being emitted from somebody else's cigarette is what I don't like. There is a reason why some people choose not to smoke at all...mostly for health reasons. f the smokers will just smoke infront of those who chose not to smoke, what's the use? I believe they must be respected. Choose or designate areas where smokers can do their thing. And if you are a smoker, make sure you have your own money to buy one. Don't approach a complete stranger asking if he/she has one to give you. I have had this experience before when I was by myself and just sitting on a bench inside the mall when somebody approached me if I have a cigarette because he doesn't have enough money to buy one.

Smoke only if you have the money, and don't let non-smokers get a whiff of that.

• User profile image
    lupac

Smoking sucks.

I'm ex-smoker  so I know what is like. But also I have learned that nothing is more important then health - your own and everyone's near you. So THINK about it and STOP.

• User profile image
    advanced

Please NO smoke! Smokers do you realize you shorten your own life with every puff? Do you realize small children get sick much easier than do adults when exposed to second hand smoke. Let's try and clean up the air, in resturants for example, please do not smoke, you will enjoy your meal and others will be able to enjoy. It is a healthy habit to start. Please do not smoke!

• User profile image
    elduderino

I think it's really interesting how anti-smoking this thread is. I'm guessing that most of the people who've replied live in America, because over here in England it feels like it's more tolerated.

All I'd say about this subject (and I don't smoke) is that spending your days in a room with someone who is smoking is pretty bad for your health, but I'm not sure that secondary smoke in a restaurant or out in the street causes that much damage? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't help but feel like car and industrial pollution and a poor diet will do you more harm than the occasional bit of secondary smoke...

• User profile image
    miamijjs

elduderino said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't help but feel like car and industrial pollution and a poor diet will do you more harm than the occasional bit of secondary smoke...

Your forgetting that many people don't want to smell others stinkey @$$ smoke, and thats to say nothing about health concerns like my employee Doug who was informed last week that he has cancer due to smoking.

When you hide behind statements like "car and industrial pollution" your just sidesteping the issue.

Its like saying that it's cool for gang members to rob 7-11 stores bucause of white collar crime. Your comapring two very diffrent things.

While one person alone can't stop factoy pollution where they don't live, breath and work, people can make the choice not to light up and produce a smell that others don't with to breath.

You sound like the type of smoker I would love to walk up to and let a lould wet cough directly at your face. Your natural reaction would be to turn your head and "try" not to breath my wet cough. This is the same feeling millions of people feel toward smelling someone lit cig. in a public setting.

Your your self silly at home, stink up your place so much that everything in your house smells like $hit but don't smoke in public....smiple!

• User profile image
    Jackco

ZippyV wrote:
    Remove this post and ban this retard.

I can guest you smoke Big Smile

• User profile image
    miamijjs

It’s amazing how selfish smokers are, its not enough to be able to smoke in the privacy of their own homes but they get all mad if they can’t some in public where it bothers others.

I find it really funny when you see smokers holding their cig out the window of their cars. They would rather offend others than stink up their cars. The funny thing is their cars always end up like one big stinky ashtray.

Smokers are rude and should be taxed to the point they can’t afford them – since the vast majority of them as jerks about stinky up air in public places.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.