Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Design Refresh in progress

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

We've just shipped a design refresh to Channel 9. We hope this update makes better use of your screen real estate and also gives a better experience on more browsers.

We're still ironing out some minor post ship glitches. We appreciate any feedback you have on the new design.

-Jeff

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    WinInsider

Sweet!

Good to see Channel9 expending and developing to accommodate the growing community around it.  Keep up the awesome work.

Mike
    Microsoftonian
    WinInsider.com

• User profile image
    Analise

Very nice, good improvement.
    When can we have a dl option for video ?

Keep it up Wink

• User profile image
    Karim

Looks completely awesome on a Tablet PC in portrait mode, BTW -- no more horizontal scrollbar like old site! Smiley  Good job!

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

Hmm, I like everything, except the white! A lighter beige would look nice, but white stands out waay too much!

I have a cat, and wear a turtle-neck! Heheh...

Smiley

• User profile image
    ericch1

Nice... I like the new design! The old design was OK, but all the parts on the page seemed huge. The size for actual content was very limited. This new design is much more focused on the content than the snazzy user pictures on the left... and of course we all know which one is more important... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Analise: the download video feature is on my plate (and has been for the past month). I'll get to it this week.

• User profile image
    eddwo

Yeah, looks a lot smoother and less cluttered. Great job.
    I just refreshed a page and it came back completely differently, I wondered what the heck was going on!

• User profile image
    Gambit

I like what I see so far

• User profile image
    jkipk

But lars looks so small on the home page icons.  That's not right, is it?

I like it in general but there's a lot of white space in the forum posts.  Seems like the icons are a little too small on the home page and a little too big in the posts (geez how picky can you get!)  Definite progress, though.  Keep up the good work.

ooh I like the videos page, very cool!

kip

• User profile image
    wilber

I know asking for a standards-compliant page is a lost cause, but starting the page:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    <head>
    	<head>
    		<title>Channel 9</title>

Is probably taking non-compliance a bit far, isn't it?

Especially as there is only one closing head tag in the whole document.
    (And interestingly enough, it's in all upper case.)

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Hey,

Looks great guys! I liked the larger profile pictures, but besides that it's much more focussed on the content, which is great.

J

• User profile image
    Charles

Wilber,

The extra head tag has been removed from the home page source. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Keep on testing,

Charles

• User profile image
    aelij

I like it, but I think the font's a bit too small. In the current version, the font can change according to the browser's Font Size setting, I think it should stay that way.
    Another thing -- two orange bars at the top? Seems a bit too much. It looks better right now, IMHO.

Addendum: Well, now that's it's online -- it really looks a lot better (and more usable). I'm experiencing some problems with the embedded videos, though. They get out of the frame and show up on top of the next message.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Sweeeeet!

But now we've got lots of wasted vertical space, which means lots of scrolling.  How about taking out the blank space between our face pictures and our pithy sayings?  That'd reduce the minimum vertical space required to display a post - and when they're all short, that means being able to pack more of them onto a screen

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Hmmm. Wiki edit pages don't actually seem to have edit boxes on them - I get "Preview" and "Save" buttons, but nothing to actually type in.

• User profile image
    ndelg

I'm having the same problem...I can't edit the pages anymore.  I like the look though!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.