Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Design Refresh in progress

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

RE: Wiki edit bug.

We are currently trying to identify the cause of the problem. Initially, it appears to be a CSS problem as the html for the edit container is actually in the source.

We will provide status updates here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Charles

• User profile image
    Charles

RE: Wiki edit bug.

Status = Fixed.

Thank you.

Keep on testing,

Charles

• User profile image
    Bryn Waibel

Hmm, apparently the Holly hack isn't so Holy, the wiki should be working for you guys now, sorry about that.

• User profile image
    LazyCoder

Bryn Waibel wrote:
    Hmm, apparently the Holly hack isn't so Holy, the wiki should be working for you guys now, sorry about that.

Security risk alert:

Change the "Custom error" section of your web.config to "Off" or  "RemoteOnly". When I click on "watch post" in my profile I get the debug error including part of the stack trace and some info about your database. I don't know where else that might be occuring.

While I'm talking about the profile page. The post title in there before used to link directly to the post in the forum, now I can't figure out how to get from my "Watched" or "Replies" list in my profile to the forum. (when I clicked on the "Watch" icon in the post I received the alarming error message "Can't insert NULL value into table X"

edit: I found the "#" link in the profiles. hmmmm, might need to be a different color or something that indicates it's a link rather than making me hunt around. But at least it's there!

That being said, the new design ROCKS! I love it. Before it felt like there was too much stuff crammed on the page. Now it feels more open and it's not as hard to read. The CONTENT takes center stage instead of the design.

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks LazyCoder.

Now, when you click on a thread to watch it, what happens?

Charles

• User profile image
    Kevin Daly

I think the icons would possibly work better with the text beneath rather than to the side - I'm seeing a lot of word-wrapping going on.

• User profile image
    LazyCoder

Charles wrote:
    Thanks LazyCoder.

Now, when you click on a thread to watch it, what happens?

Charles

"We apologize, but an unknown error has occured in the forums.
    This error has been logged."

Groovy. See I'm not all bad. Wink

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Hey, if you're messing with CSS for the wiki, could you fix up the font-size bug for wiki headings?  Currently second-level headings use a smaller font than third- and fourth-level headings!  See http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.PlayPage for an example

• User profile image
    Charles

Since we are fixing some bugs that require recompiling the app, we have to ship dlls over to the site. Weird things can happen with file contention... So, you will see sporadic strangeness through the night.

Thanks for the feedback,

Charles

• User profile image
    dhavalhirdh​av

looks really great now.. but backcolor white.. doesnt look nice.. change it to brown or something like that..

and how abt Video download?

• User profile image
    Charles

jonathanh wrote:
    Hey, if you're messing with CSS for the wiki, could you fix up the font-size bug for wiki headings?  Currently second-level headings use a smaller font than third- and fourth-level headings!  See http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.PlayPage for an example

Yep. We will fix this.

Thanks,

Charles

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

This really looks great! Well done!
    However, I must support the request for skins, as mentioned before Wink

But it definitaly looks a lot more organized than before!

• User profile image
    dhavalhirdh​av

there some probs with the The Moblog.. it only shows one post.. and its non-clickable.

• User profile image
    SirFlakey

A change is as good as a holiday - just one thing though, when viewed on a tablet PC in portrait mode the new designs doesn't seem to be as forgiving with the column width,causing a large amount of white space as the center column appears below the right hand column. 

In IE6, the moment, all the video inclusions seem to be messed up.  In fact in order to write this message I have to use firefox.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

The graphics look good and I think the layout is done real well.  I have to agree with the white as a bit bright for the background, though.  Maybe something even a tad darker such as #f3f3f3, might be so noticeable.

On to functionality...

I noticed that when you go to edit a wiki page and click preview, the preview does not appear, or at least not soon enough for me to wait for it.

When I clicked profile, I found the settings that I could change as well as some administrative settings, like if I am approved or moderated, etc.  I then changed one of my settings, hit update, and now whenever I try and view my profile (either using the "Profile" link or going through the "Members" link) I get an error.

I love the new [Play] link next to the video, but I'll keep my big star sticker until the downloadable videos show up.

EDIT:one more bonus.  Looks good on Mozilla!

• User profile image
    Charles

When the videos do become downloadable (someday, apparently), there will be a [Download] link next to the [Play] link.

Charles

• User profile image
    Manip

Oh. I lost access to the admin part of my profile.. I was able to ban myself yesterday, I was having so much fun. I could also set my post moderation status. Oh well guess we can't have people banning themselves can we.

• User profile image
    Charles

dickporter wrote:
    I'm new to this site.
    I can't seem to play any of the videos or find help on what I might be doing wrong. I get the message: "Windows Media Player cannot perform the requested action at this time." Media play works fine for everything else.

Any assistance will be apprecated.

Thanx

Thanks. What version of WMP are you using? Which Windows operating system are you running? Also, which browser are you using?

The more information you can provide about your environment, the better. It will help us to quickly address and solve the problem.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback,

Charles

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.