Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Design Refresh in progress

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Manip wrote:
    Oh. I lost access to the admin part of my profile.. I was able to ban myself yesterday, I was having so much fun. I could also set my post moderation status. Oh well guess we can't have people banning themselves can we.

Smiley

Yep, we inadvertently removed an access check. Oops. Glad you had fun, anyway.

Cheers,

Charles

• User profile image
    moofish

i would like to see the Longhorn evangelist videos posted here, i would also like the choice to d/l video and would like to be able to sign in using .net passport.

samuel

• User profile image
    dickporter

I'm new to this site.
    I can't seem to play any of the videos or find help on what I might be doing wrong. I get the message: "Windows Media Player cannot perform the requested action at this time." Media player works fine for everything else.

Running WinXP, IE 6, Media Player 9 and 10 (different machines).

Any assistance will be apprecated.

Thanx

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Steve411

This is awesome, the design really is a huge improvement, it makes reading easier, way.. and not only that, the channel9 dude at the top stands out more, it is like he is saying HI to you everytime that you visit the page, ha!ha!ha!
      Great job guys!

• User profile image
    jeffsand

dhavalhirdhav wrote:
    there some probs with the The Moblog.. it only shows one post.. and its non-clickable.

This has now been fixed.  Thank you

• User profile image
    Stewart_​Whaley

Site suggestion,
       Maybe I'm missing where this feature is, but all I want is to simply see the latest set of videos in order by date. If you visit the video section it's displayed by order of last posted reply. I'm not interested that a video from 3+ months ago has a reply today, I'm more interested in catching up with videos that I haven't seen since the last visit.

yours,
    Stewart Whaley
    www.unipictureframing.com

• User profile image
    WillemM

I like the new design, I use 1280x1024... and it looks way better now Smiley

• User profile image
    Richie

I love the design changes... everything flows great... I knew (and posted earlier) that when you got to re-doing the pages it would be just fine.

ONLY ONE PROBLEM ! ! !

In your CSS you assign a blanket font size for the <body> to be 76% ! ! !

This is wrong wrong wrong....

You are saying with that one attribute...

"WE DON'T CARE HOW ALL OUR VISITORS HAVE ADJUSTED THEIR BROWSERS FOR THEIR BROWSING PLEASURE; WE THINK EVERYONE SHOULD SQUINT TO SEE OUR 25% REDUCTION IN THEIR DEFAULT SIZE ! ! !

This doesn't seem very user friendly to me; does it seem friendly to you?

Thanks

Rich

• User profile image
    dflock

Looks great, a huge improvement. I'm an Opera user and this version looks and works much better in my browser. Thanks, this is much appreciated.

• User profile image
    DebugThis

The redesign is a great improvement on the previous, it makes better use of screen real estate, however, I am also of the opinion that we should be able from at least two more color palletes, something grey or blue.  Thanks a lot Guys.

• User profile image
    Richie

OBTW...

The reason you feel the need to reduce the size of the font is that IE defaults to 'medium' under the menu selection 'View' 'Text Size'... when in fact.. IE SHOULD set the default to 'smaller' then it would aline itself much better with the defaults of 96 dpi and the defaults of the other browsers for example Firefox and Opera.

Please set font size of <body> to 100% and then adjust titles and such accordingly.

Thanks

Rich

• User profile image
    jh71283

,EdwardJohn wrote

Thanks for sharing..

THIS THREAD IS SIX FREAKING YEARS OLD!

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

@jh71283: EdwardJohn has spammed in at least one other thread.  Posting non-spam entries would appear to be part of his strategy.

• User profile image
    jh71283

AH.... perhaps testing the waters......

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.