Coffeehouse Thread

55 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Favorite Classic Game?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

Did anyone play Sonic cd? It was the first cd-version of a Sonic game on the Sega Mega Drive Mega cd-system. Tongue Out

I really miss that game.

• User profile image
    Manip

Didn't they only sell two or three Mega CD systems? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    bitmask

• User profile image
    Cider

The best game EVOH!

Bak 2 Skool:

• User profile image
    Steve411

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time : For N64
    Got a pefect on GameSpot.

- Steve

• User profile image
    Oberon

Arcade Game: Asteroids Deluxe

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

A close second:

• User profile image
    Nata1

you guys remember Karateka on the Apple II? That was one of my all time favorites.  But my favorite game in the style of that era is http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html

Trogdor, the burninator.

• User profile image
    JoshRountree

Doom
    Doom II
    Jill of the Jungle
    Roger Wilco Space Quest IV
    Hugo's House of Horros
    Wolfenstein 3d
    Duke Nukem (The original)
    Leisure Suit Larry (The old ones)

Man, I'm old...

• User profile image
    pikatung

JoshRountree wrote:
    Doom
    Doom II
    Jill of the Jungle
    Roger Wilco Space Quest IV
    Hugo's House of Horros
    Wolfenstein 3d
    Duke Nukem (The original)
    Leisure Suit Larry (The old ones)

Man, I'm old...

Wow, I remember playing that game when I was like 7 years old. Great game indeed. They don't make sharewhare like that anymore.Sad

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

I had an Apple II+ years and years (and years) ago.  As a gift, I received the 'adventure' series of text based adventure games.  I also had a super-modern-80-column card which would:

a) actually show text in up to 132 columns...oooooooh

b) show lower case ascii characters.

Anyway, the adventure games (kinda like Zork, but earlier) would store the text for 'spoilers' in lowercase ASCII and with the 80-column card, I could read them.  This gave me the edge so I could get past some of the tougher puzzles.

Nowadays, we just hit google Smiley

There was one of them, however, that I could never finish.  As I remember, it was on an island and the puzzle involved a bear.

I hate that bear.

OH, and Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri is kinda fun.

Edit: and for the youngun's, the importance of an 80-column card was that Apples had only 40 columns.  What a pain in the...

• User profile image
    jamie

doom 2 ( that was when ID was doing lsd or something..  it wasnt all Alien / tight-dark spaces and heavy duty killers - it was weird mind game levels, strawberry villians (forever)

apart from that - my fav has to be QUAKE 1

the demo - the first time you could walk around stuff in 3d (for me anyway..)

i cant imagine anything to beat that ... well i can.. the same thing in better res with 3d goggles [y]

PS - Quake - The House!  best level except quake 3 space demo level

PPS: i use to time/know when characters would regen - and blow them away befoer they could do anything. Oh - and with 200% health + quad - you could blast yourself up to the lava rail (above everyting) and sniper shoot away till killed Smiley

• User profile image
    JoshRountree

I saw someone posted King's Quest, I forgot that one. Hell, any game made by Sierra back then. And, yes, they sure don't make shareware games like they used to.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

jamie wrote:

oh ya - Decent!

Titan....  Solaris... 

Edit: All time fav though goes to both donkey kong and pacman - i worked in a sub shop when i was 15-ish - and basically sat and played those 2 machines 7 hrs a day!

Ha!  The ending of Freelancer totally reminded me of Descent Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

oh ya - Descent!

Titan....  Solaris... 

Edit: All time fav though goes to both donkey kong and pacman - i worked in a sub shop when i was 15-ish - and basically sat and played those 2 machines 7 hrs a day!

• User profile image
    codeDebate

Grim Fandango Tongue Out

Check out Manny and Glottis

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I almost forgot Oregon Trail!

• User profile image
    Tensor

bitmask wrote:

Yay! Pirates! Rules. I'm glad I'm not the only one, there.

As someone has allready picked that I will pick one of my other faves: Railroad Tycoon! The original was a classic. 2 was better in most respects - except you couldnt build tunnels.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.