Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New Start Button in Windows Vista?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    DCMonkey

Brandon LeBlanc posted over at Longhornblogs.com about this screenshot apparently showing a new style of start button in Windows Vista.

I wanted to make a remark about it over there but comments seem to be busted so I'll make it here:

It looks really nice, but I hope that a) clicking to the left of it still registers as clicking on it and b) people think it doesn't because the visuals don't give that impression.

PS: And if one can still make one's taskbar taller, pllleease leave the start button down against the edge of the screen (or even make it grow. Actually that would be pretty cool).

What do y'all think?

• User profile image
    MSTechToday

DCMonkey wrote:

Brandon LeBlanc posted over at Longhornblogs.com about this screenshot apparently showing a new style of start button in Windows Vista.

I wanted to make a remark about it over there but comments seem to be busted...

This is Brandon from LonghornBlogs.com - sorry about the busted comments! We'll fix that real quick here....I hope!

I can't even believe I spotted this today.

If this is the type of direction the Windows Team is heading for the new interface, I like it. It feels like the Start button but refreshed...

Everyone take care!

- Brandon

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Dude if your Brandon....kudos for the Keynote video...though I thought it was lame it was pretty cool to see Napolean slap Bill Gates....Scobe gets to do it on his next interview with Bill

• User profile image
    MSTechToday

Cybermagellan wrote:
    Dude if your Brandon....kudos for the Keynote video...though I thought it was lame it was pretty cool to see Napolean slap Bill Gates....Scobe gets to do it on his next interview with Bill

Yeah I'm Brandon but it was Robert who's the LonghornBogs.com Admin who took and posted that vid.

I was unable to attend PDC at the last minute due to a screw up on my part.

- Brandon

• User profile image
    Wells

It makes me wonder... windows originally had "start" for a good reason - some users just didn't know what to do when faced with a blank desktop!  Of course we're in 2005 now, but still... maybe it's an option or something?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.