Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Xbox 360 will region lock games

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

*sigh*

I'm getting more and more annoyed at the 360.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Beer28 wrote:
    "There will be no more "imported games" sections in stores, since Microsoft prefers to sell the same title for different prices."

Of course this isn't just an MS thing. It's DVDs, music, hardware, software, books etc etc.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Beer28 wrote:
    that's why we have perl dvd rip
    http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/
    and libdvdcss

to liberate our media
    Unfortunately the only game equivalent of that is cracking and that's not trustable.
    Right now I only have a PSP and my linux PC for gaming, but I'm grabbing the PS3 on preorder. I've not heard of game regioning by Sony.

I know japanese psp games are all good. I guess sony knows consumers better.

Didn't the PS2 have region locking? (I honestly have no idea)

As for DVDs, I have an unlocked player, and DVD Region Free running under windows.

The problem for me isn't so much the price, but the fact that some games appear in only one region, games I want, and mod chips just don't do it for me, I like my Live too much.

• User profile image
    barrieo

Erm...even the PS2 and the GameCube are region locked, i own an Xbox and a PS2. Hardly touch the PS2 lately they dont have that many interesting games of late.

• User profile image
    Manip

The PC isn't region locked, buy your games for that. Big Smile

• User profile image
    jlowgren

Manip wrote:
    The PC isn't region locked, buy your games for that.

Fo' real. Consoles and console games are just dumbed down PC equivalents. Didn't stop me from buying an Xbox though. Embarassed

• User profile image
    Sampy

I seem to remember that in some countries, there are laws that force region coding (the thing that I heard was that in France there is a minimum time that must pass from a movie being in theaters to going on sale for home use thus region coding to stop French citizens from getting their hands on movies from other countries).

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Sampy wrote:
    I seem to remember that in some countries, there are laws that force region coding (the thing that I heard was that in France there is a minimum time that must pass from a movie being in theaters to going on sale for home use thus region coding to stop French citizens from getting their hands on movies from other countries).

Possibly, so why don't the movie companies release films at the same time worldwide?

Songs are available on CD albums in the states up to 6 months before even being on the radio here. It's indefensable.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.