Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Thank you Microsoft (PDC 2005)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Stebet

I wanted to take this opportunity and thank Microsoft and all it's employees and partners for an awesome conference. This was my first PDC and i can definitely say that there will be more for me if Microsoft keeps this up. Awesome keynotes as well as awesome events and talks. The service was great, i love the goods and i pretty much couldn't be happier about this event at the moment.

What stood out:

• Bill Gates and Napoleone Dynamite... i laughed so very very hard.
    • Office 12 keynote... i loooove the new UI changes. People need to see this in action to really grasp how much better this is.
    • LINQ... simply put... it rocks my socks off
    • And of course... Vista. It's really fun too see how Beta 2 is shaping up. People claiming that Vista doesn't have anything over XP are so dead wrong.
    • Universal Studios... simply awesome.

Again, thank you for an awesome time. Since this was my first time in the USA as well i must say that this will be one trip to remember Big Smile

Keep up the good work.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Responses like this are what make events like PDC so well worth the money. That and watching Bill Gates getting smacked, I think they shoulda had him fall outa the chair though.

• User profile image
    Erisan

I'm sure PDC is great event but actions like this is a bit sad .. Sad

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Erisan wrote:
    I'm sure PDC is great event but actions like this is a bit sad ..

Mono could have got a booth in the Expo like other vendors did. And handed out more stuff for me to try and squeeze into my suitcase and carry on Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

And I was amazed at the variety of countries people came from.

And food/drinks everywhere. They know how to put on a conference, I'll tell ya that. Was also good to get a TabletPC recommendation from someone on the TabletPC team....hehe

• User profile image
    gylda

It's (mostly) all good Cool.  Here's what I thought (pictures too!) -- http://www.webfluent.com/PDC05.htm

• User profile image
    Erisan

Harlequin wrote:

Mono could have got a booth in the Expo like other vendors did. And handed out more stuff for me to try and squeeze into my suitcase and carry on

Yes, maybe but this was pitty (from OSNews):

"Microsoft states on its conference Web site that its 'Birds of a Feather' sessions are proposed and voted on by the community. But the Mono BOF was never listed for voting and therefore received no votes, despite the submission being confirmed, according to De Icaza's blog." ... Expressionless

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.