Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 and Opera

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ThomasAesir

Channel 9 seems to work well with Opera (Web Browser) until you try to post anything. Posting works, but none of the formatting is kept. Don't you guys ever do any testing?

• User profile image
    Cider

If you think THAT'S bad, try going to the Windows Vista homepage in Opera.

Oh man!

• User profile image
    Maurits

ThomasAesir wrote:
    Channel 9 seems to work well with Opera (Web Browser) until you try to post anything. Posting works, but none of the formatting is kept.

Channel9 uses the third-party "FreeTextBox" software for the posting widget.  If you would like Opera support for FreeTextBox, you're best off lobbying the FreeTextBox people directly.

If you would like Channel9 to discontinue use of FreeTextBox, that would be another matter.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I don't mind if there's no formatting options. I can live with having a regular , but what bugs me is that newlines are trimmed off, and everything is displayed literally: if I want to use the quote-function, in the textarea I get

, but when I post this message, you just see 1 big chunk of text without newlines and with the literal [quote]-tags. Not very nice. I have to switch to IE, just to post or reply.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.