Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

CodeNames Unveiled

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

jonathanh wrote:
    blowdart wrote:jonathan did you roll back and mess it on purpose because we're not supposed to know some?
    Nope - I was alphabetizing the list at the same time you guys were making edits, so when I hit submit it overwrote them

Oh ya bugga! I was just putting the server ones in time order Big Smile

• User profile image
    Shrage

Ok, I have added a section Called current Code Names, please don't override it Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Shrage wrote:
    Ok, I have added a section Called current Code Names, please don't override it

Oh. Err that was me!

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Btw, somebody smarter than me should probably link to the list from the wiki homepage, no?

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

blowdart wrote:
    Shrage wrote: Ok, I have added a section Called current Code Names, please don't override it

Oh. Err that was me!

Glad I could help kick this off guys. To be honest, I was in a pissy mood, felt like just doing something mind-numbing. The above list took me about 20 minutes of research, typing and formatting. Sorry it wasn't perfect and alphabetical and such... Just figure it'd be a good starting point Smiley

update: Also, I've been wanting to put some time into the wiki since it was launched, just never had time or the inkling to do so. Now I don't feel so guilty anymore Wink

• User profile image
    Shrage

It's on the home page at the Microsoft Technologies section

Edit it's here: http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.MicrosoftTechnologies

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Shrage wrote:
    It's on the home page at the Microsoft Technologies section

Edit it's here: http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.MicrosoftTechnologies

Cool, sorry. Added the Summary.

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Other code names here...

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

TomasDeml wrote:
    Other code names here...

Yep, that was one of the half-dozen sources I was using Smiley

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Jeremy W. wrote:
    TomasDeml wrote:Other code names here...

Yep, that was one of the half-dozen sources I was using

Again, you must have a lot of spare time Smiley

• User profile image
    Shrage

Jeremy, i wanted to give all of us what to do, and you took the whole piece of cake? Wink

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Shrage wrote:
    Jeremy, i wanted to give all of us what to do, and you took the whole piece of cake?

It's the only time I've contributed anything of consequence to the wiki. I don't really feel all that guilty Tongue Out

Besides, there's like 200 other ones out there. Still lots of work to do Wink

• User profile image
    sbc

Perhaps a topic should be locked in the Wiki while someone else is editing it and unlock it after a set time - for those editing, you could use AJAX to make sure it is still locked. And/or maybe a diff/merge feature.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

sbc wrote:
    Perhaps a topic should be locked in the Wiki while someone else is editing it and unlock it after a set time - for those editing, you could use AJAX to make sure it is still locked. And/or maybe a diff/merge feature.
    FlexWiki normally uses an optimistic locking scheme - it doesn't claim an exclusive lock when you edit, but when you hit "save" it checks to see if anyone has edited the same page since you started, and if so it forces you to do a (manual) merge.

Not sure why this isn't happening on the Channel 9 wiki. Possibly that feature was disabled to cope with the load?

In the meantime we can do manual workarounds by looking at the version histories. Thankfully this is the only page I've seen this happen to in the entire history of the wiki Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

jonathanh wrote:

Not sure why this isn't happening on the Channel 9 wiki. Possibly that feature was disabled to cope with the load?

Is the wiki being ran off file system or sql? multiple machine problems perhaps?

I have to say I like the granularity of wikipedia where you can edit a small section.

• User profile image
    Razvan Socol

You wrote "Yukon = SQL Server 2005 scripting and automation environment for Windows". SQL Server 2005 is not a "scripting and automation environment", it's a database server. For more informations, see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/overview/what-is-sql-server.mspx

Razvan

• User profile image
    notinthiswo​rld

hi anyone knows the codename of small business server 2000? thnx

God Bless

• User profile image
    Fduch

Vienna - Office Live Communication Server 2005
    It's wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vienna It's the next gen of Windows.

Acrylic is Microsoft Expression Graphics Designer now

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.