Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

CodeNames Unveiled

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Khamul

Fduch wrote:
    Vienna - Office Live Communication Server 2005
    It's wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vienna It's the next gen of Windows.

You are correct, yet somehow incorrect because you said it was wrong. It is not wrong - it confused everyone, methinks, when Microsoft decided to reuse the "Vienna" codename.

• User profile image
    littleguru

What a wonderful name:
    Lightning: .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR)

• User profile image
    ScottKin

I'm not sure if Steve (Bink) still has this one listed, but I have another one that got left out...

I worked with Rob Michnick, Russ Siegelman and others on the first iteration of MSN...whoops, that should read msn Tongue Out

We had two complete server farms for MSN 1.0 - Marvel (which was the actua production & customer / user-facing system) and Manga (which was the isolated Test system to thoroughly test whatever content and architecture changes we needed to make before the content went "live"). We also affectionately called the MSN Networking Hub "MosWEST" (Microsoft Online Services WEST), in honor of the MaeWEST NAP (Network Access Point) in Santa Clara, CA.

Just some more tidbits...

--ScottKin

• User profile image
    Vasudev

Added :
    Kahuna - Windows Live Mail
    Tahiti- SharedView Beta2

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.