Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

C9 Park: Release the code...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    OK, first off a few notes..

    Jamie: I hate your artistic ability I have none so I had to rip off some of your images to do this.

    Everyone else: Don't complain about the quality of Jamies work...until you can do better or try it yourself.

    And alas...my hopless attempt at being funny...


    I'm so sorry Jamie I botched this up
  • User profile image
    blindlizard

    That is the fist one of these cartoons that I even understood.  It was very funny Big Smile

    Jamie - Your drawings are awsome!

  • User profile image
    Manip

    First class.... Goes in the top 10. This is as good as the first few comics before all this silly alien stuff got added that makes no sense...

  • User profile image
    jlowgren

    Fun stuff.

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Beer posted a C9 park version of himself: 

     

  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

    I'm suprised anyone liked it AND understood it. I have horrible graphic skills AND a sick sense of humor...I might try it again if the occasion calls for it. Thanks everyone who has liked it.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    hahahahahaha

    breath

    hahahahahaha

    very good Smiley

  • User profile image
    Tyler Brown

    Haha! Excellent job! Really captured the essence of the situation!

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    Hehehehe.


    Lovely. Big Smile



    BTW, Beer seems to have gotten rid of his character.




    mVPstar

  • User profile image
    Tyler Brown

    How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

  • User profile image
    AndyC

    Beer28 wrote:
    Trusted people have the code in other locations. If i were to be sniper attacked the code would instantly be released anyway upon loss of contact, in it's feature rich version not live on the site right now.


    Please god tell me you're joking. No seriously, tell me. I mean you don't really mean that do you? If you do, you really, really, really need to get help.

  • User profile image
    Tyler Brown

    orangie wrote:
    Tyler Brown wrote:How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

    called email.......................
    Right... so if the sniper team takes out Beer, he's supposed to email them to let them know that they should release it? Right... must be reincarnation as a monkey so that he would atleast have the finger dexterity to type the email. Gotcha....

  • User profile image
    Karim

    Tyler Brown wrote:
    orangie wrote:
    Tyler Brown wrote: How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

    called email.......................
    Right... so if the sniper team takes out Beer, he's supposed to email them to let them know that they should release it? Right... must be reincarnation as a monkey so that he would atleast have the finger dexterity to type the email. Gotcha....


    No,  they do have email in Hell!  I just can't remember whether it's supposed to be "Hot"mail or Lotus Notes.  LOL

  • User profile image
    Tyler Brown

    Beer28 wrote:

    Tyler Brown wrote:How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

    The event trigger is a timeout.
    That's what I figured Wink

  • User profile image
    Maurits

    Tyler Brown wrote:
    Beer28 wrote:
    Tyler Brown wrote: How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

    The event trigger is a timeout.
    That's what I figured


    Hmmm... IIRC there was a plot point in the "Battlefield Earth" books that was very similar.  "Magic mail", it was called.

  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    Everyone else: Don't complain about the quality of Jamies work...until you can do better or try it yourself.


    That's like saying don't complain about the quality of Firefox until you've made an Open Source browser yourself. I'm a beta tester, I complain, I don't fix, live with it Perplexed


    Nice cartoon, too bad you used a white background instead of silver Wink
    Loadsgood.

  • User profile image
    dghost

    Beer28 wrote:

    Tyler Brown wrote: How do you intend to give the signal Beer? Are people to release the GPL'd code after 24 hours of radio-silence, or is there a web-application that continually broadcasts your vital signs?

    The event trigger is a timeout.


    lets hope your city doesn't loose power for too long then. it would be a shame for them to GPL your site layout and make you loose the stranglehold that you have on the market already Wink

  • User profile image
    scobleizer

    ROFL.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.