Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Start improvement of IE?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    VaMPiRiC_CRo​W

Hi,

I'm not a fan of IE, but I'm a fan of MyIE2, and since MyIE2 use the kernel of IE I'm worry because of the security imperfections, features lacks, a long time without improvement, etc... And I want to know if the developers of Microsoft already started to improve the IE, or when they will start, or if they will start on day...?

Thanks

• User profile image
    VaMPiRiC_CRo​W

I said something wrong?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

In the next Service Pack 2 for Windows XP you will get a pop-up blocker and a download manager.
    At the moment we only now that for other new features we will have to wait till Longhorn.

• User profile image
    Jaz

nope no download manager, i could only wish,  But the popup blocker will be there.

• User profile image
    VaMPiRiC_CRo​W

Thanks for the reply's...

But about the security problems, better PNG and CSS support...?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

What? They removed the download manager? That really sucks.

• User profile image
    mrservices

Hello, Download Manager and Pop-up Blocker are in the premium msn browser.

I wonder if the premium msn browser has the same security exploits as the regular IE browser?

Does anyone know?

Roger

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

VaMPiRiC_CRoW wrote:
    Hi,

I'm not a fan of IE, but I'm a fan of MyIE2, and since MyIE2 use the kernel of IE I'm worry because of the security imperfections, features lacks, a long time without improvement, etc... And I want to know if the developers of Microsoft already started to improve the IE, or when they will start, or if they will start on day...?

Thanks

They have already started working on security and should greatly improve it in Longhorn.

mrservices wrote:
    Hello, Download Manager and Pop-up Blocker are in the premium msn browser.

I wonder if the premium msn browser has the same security exploits as the regular IE browser?

Does anyone know?

Roger

Last I heard, MSN Explorer uses IE's Engine.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.