Coffeehouse Thread

40 posts

Are you proud of driving Beer28 away?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dave winer

Seriously?  He posts in a hostile forum populated by people that disagree with him day after day.  He takes barbs left and right from idiots that enjoy ganging up on "the other guy".  Even the moderators (johnh) get in on the game. 

Real mature behavior here, guys.

I love how you post comics that make fun of him and then say "it's all in good fun" when people call you on it.

Anyone that posts anything that doesn't meet the status quo is driven out.  Welcome to the reflection chamber.

I think Charles, Scoble, JohnH and Adam Kinney should be ashamed of this community they've created. 

• User profile image
    Kernel

dave winer wrote:
    Seriously?  He posts in a hostile forum populated by people that disagree with him day after day.  He takes barbs left and right from idiots that enjoy ganging up on "the other guy".  Even the moderators (johnh) get in on the game. 

I love how you post comics that make fun of him and then say "it's all in good fun" when people call you on it.

Anyone that posts anything that doesn't meet the status quo is driven out.  Welcome to the reflection chamber.

I think Charles, Scoble, JohnH and Adam Kinney should be ashamed of this community they've created. 

I have the same problem in work.  I'm a supporter of Open Source and Windows applications, when the other ICT members try to bring me down I give them a good slap.

I think Beer gives as good as he gets.

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Every action has an equal reaction. I'd say it's a somewhat messy albeit understandable reaction to the constant trolling and general fighting Beer28 had caused.

I'm all for free speech but there's also something called decency, this was "merely" a case of fighting fire with fire.

Atleast IMO
    /Dave

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

No I wish we would have been more effective and he would have left sooner...we weren't as efficient as we should have been for a forum of brilliant people...

BTW: Are you going to quit posting "flame generating" topics and replies...? Or is another C9Park in order [6]

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

No I wish we would have been more effective and he would have left sooner...we weren't as efficient as we should have been for a forum of brilliant people...

BTW: Are you going to quit posting "flame generating" topics and replies...? Or is another C9Park in order [6]

• User profile image
    dave winer

attn: Scoble, Charles (and the rest of the moderation team):

Is the sort of thing you hear coming from these guys what you call community building?

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

dave winer wrote:
    attn: Scoble, Charles (and the rest of the moderation team):

Is the sort of thing you hear coming from these guys what you call community building?

So what was the purpose in this topic? Just to cry about beer28 being gone...? For someone who hasn't been around at all you sure have a huge chip on your shoulder

• User profile image
    Nata1

WTF are you talking about "drove him away" - Beer and lots of other people here think its hilarious how he caries on sometimes - that thread was one of the most hilarious threads ever - I mean Beer carrying on about how he would fight over the lincrosoft.com bit,

Beers having as much fun as I am, some people sincerly wish he would go away, but - I'm knowing I speak for some of us when I say that it's hilarious to read his posts.  Actually I wouldn't read this forum as much if there were no beer posts.

So that last thread was a bit over the top, but it was quite funny

• User profile image
    Mary_Jo_​Foley

dave winer wrote:

The "comics" were funny.  Only a thin-skinned doofus would be offended.  Linux and Open Source are not perfect.  They have their flaws and there's nothing wrong with poking a little fun at the zealots who are so full of themselves they can't admit the truth.

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Dave, I think you forgot the H when you entered your name...

dave wHiner ...

• User profile image
    billh

I was just getting ready to come up with a cartoon with Beer in it, too. Something to do with floating cars.

I'm was thinking of even having something like Beer28 in a milk carton boat race, paddling on top of a giant floating tux, or...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Mary_Jo_Foley wrote:
    The "comics" were funny.  Only a thin-skinned doofus would be offended.  Linux and Open Source are not perfect.  They have their flaws and there's nothing wrong with poking a little fun at the zealots who are so full of themselves they can't admit the truth.

If this is the Mary Jo Foley from MiniMicrosoft? I've never had the pleasure to introduce myself...however I'm glad perhaps one of my sadistic cut and paste seziures made you laugh.

• User profile image
    dave winer

And the moderators continue to ignore personal attacks, as long as they come from people in the status quo.

echo
    echo
    echo

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

dave winer wrote:
    And the moderators continue to ignore personal attacks, as long as they come from people in the status quo.

echo
    echo
    echo

There is a personal attack around here....with you in it? Where is that? Ladies and Gentlemen I proudly proclaim.... Orbit 3.0

• User profile image
    jonathanh

dave winer wrote:

echo
    echo
    echo

Since all you've contributed to the community so far is trolling, I'm not taking your complaints about a "lack of community" very seriously. 

• User profile image
    geekling

jonathanh wrote:
    dave winer wrote:And the moderators continue to ignore personal attacks, as long as they come from people in the status quo.

echo
    echo
    echo

Since all you've contributed to the community so far is trolling, I'm not taking your complaints about a "lack of community" very seriously. 

Careful, you'll make him angrily blog about it, and then... uh... what happens then?

• User profile image
    dave winer

By standing up for people attacked by members and moderators, I'm trolling?

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Proud? No, I didn't contribute to it.

Happy he left? Why, yes.

I will admit that Beer28 has been noticeably better in the past few weeks than he was several months ago, and I congratulate him for it. Good for him.

However, there is something you - under the guise of Dave Winder - seem to miss. Or perhaps don't care.

Beer28 has not been what we would call a "productive" member of this community. He has had moments where he is informative, but for the vast majority of his posts - he is trolling.

He chronically starts flamewars, and has been the center of most of the flamewars on this forum. Perhaps you're unaware of the history Beer28 has had on Channel9.

Until you acquiant yourself with this history, you might want to refrain from creating threads such as these.

Channel9 doesn't bash Linux, Mac OSX, Windows, or any competing technology. However, it does not tolerate fools forever, and looks down upon FUD.

Until you acquaint yourself with Channel9's history, you might want to refrain from creating threads such as these.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.