Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Express Audience and Simple Access to Functionality?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    tbeckner

When Visual Basic .NET 2002 and 2003 where released, a large number of users of Visual Basic 6 and MSCOMM/WINSOCK, found that it was no longer a simple process to implement this functionality. If the stated goal of the Express products is to provide a simple interface and access to functionality for hobbyists, enthusiasts, novices, and people whose primary job is something other than programming for a living, then wouldn’t it make sense to include a simple interface for MSCOMM/WINSOCK functionality?

• User profile image
    jamie

this should provide you all with a good laugh...

so i downloaded and installed Visual Web Dev Express

where did it go?

i searched for "visual" on c - nothing

i looked in program files - i looked on root i looked on start bar

so i went back to site - and saw its an add on for asp.net 2.0 - which is WAY WAY beyond my abilities..

It would be great if MS actually decided to release something for people who know NOTHING about code - except how to play around it ( i dont know what code does - but i can hack a working component)

I was desperately hoping for a SIMPLE app that opened up and had ready to run/hack samples

so... whos the target market for this... DUMB programmers?

* if your a programmer wouldnt you just use the VS?

*** i wanted to make my own blog .. or a website template where people can log in and edit the content ***  i have some that ive "hacked" but i thought ms might have enabled a designer like me to actully start from scratch and build it myself .. i no i no ... rtfm

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.