Coffeehouse Thread

98 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What is the reason behind your Alias?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    j0217995

College Student ID.  I signed up for hotmail early w/ that and have always used it.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Mine is pretty easy actually. I once watched the movie Lilo & Stitch and thought that Stitch was kinda cute. Wink
    So when I registered at a new forum I decided to use the name Stitch 2.0 and my avatar caption back then was: "A new, it-related version has arrived".

• User profile image
    amotif

I couldn't remember my name at the moment, so I chose what I felt to be a mellifluous collection of letters.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I like Tom Servo from MST3K, because when he snaps he's like me.

• User profile image
    AndyC

'cos I'm just too darned lazy to type my name in full.

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

My alias is my initials with bofh ((I need to watch my language) Operator From Hell) bolted to the end. The bofh part is from when I did some temp-work as a sysadmin a few years ago. /Dave

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ddewbofh wrote:
    My alias is my initials with bofh ((I need to watch my language) Operator From Hell) bolted to the end. The bofh part is from when I did some temp-work as a sysadmin a few years ago. /Dave

Hey cool, what's your user ID by the way? Wink

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Say what? My login's ddew anyways Smiley

• User profile image
    BrianLL

AndyC wrote:
    'cos I'm just too darned lazy to type my name in full.

Ditto!

• User profile image
    DuNuNuBatman

DuNuNuBatman, because it is unique... to an extent, and I couldn't get that damn song out of my head.

M0r_pheus, also, because it is unique. I tried getting a hotmail account using M0rpheus which didn't work so I added an underscore. Also, he is the greek god of dreams, so if you are getting 0wned by M0r_pheus in CS:S or DOD:S, remember that.

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

I chose mine because I'm not a Japanese doctor.

• User profile image
    prayersonfi​re

I got my handle off an album by The Birthday Party.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Mine is based on my name, rj -  Roberto first name, Middle initial, Dohnert last name.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

IRenderable was the name of a class in my last iteration of my graphics engine. Everything that could be rendered derived from that class.

• User profile image
    Darek​Meridian

My alias started out as and event in a scifi novel. The Dark Meridian so I started using DarkMeridian but it wasn't unique on a lot of websites. So I transposed it to DarekMeridian and got into such a habit of using it I never went back.

Odd how we fall into habits.Mad

• User profile image
    harumscarum

old user name from a ut clan. I had no intention of staying around c9, if I knew I was going to visit here daily I would of used my real name Dave Winer (I kid I kid.)

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

When I die and go to hell, the devil will be in sheer awe of the amount of bad (I need to watch my language) evil that comes out of me. I will be sooo bad that I won't be allowed in hell and have to live the rest of my life in damnation.Hence I am the DevilsRejection.(no wise cracks I made up this handle back when I was 10; 9 years ago)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.