98 posts

What is the reason behind your Alias?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    j0217995

College Student ID.  I signed up for hotmail early w/ that and have always used it.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Mine is pretty easy actually. I once watched the movie Lilo & Stitch and thought that Stitch was kinda cute. Wink
    So when I registered at a new forum I decided to use the name Stitch 2.0 and my avatar caption back then was: "A new, it-related version has arrived".

• User profile image
    amotif

I couldn't remember my name at the moment, so I chose what I felt to be a mellifluous collection of letters.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

I like Tom Servo from MST3K, because when he snaps he's like me.

• User profile image
    AndyC

'cos I'm just too darned lazy to type my name in full.

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

My alias is my initials with bofh ((I need to watch my language) Operator From Hell) bolted to the end. The bofh part is from when I did some temp-work as a sysadmin a few years ago. /Dave

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ddewbofh wrote:
    My alias is my initials with bofh ((I need to watch my language) Operator From Hell) bolted to the end. The bofh part is from when I did some temp-work as a sysadmin a few years ago. /Dave

Hey cool, what's your user ID by the way? Wink

• User profile image
    ddewbofh

Say what? My login's ddew anyways Smiley

• User profile image
    BrianLL

AndyC wrote:
    'cos I'm just too darned lazy to type my name in full.

Ditto!

• User profile image
    DuNuNuBatman

DuNuNuBatman, because it is unique... to an extent, and I couldn't get that damn song out of my head.

M0r_pheus, also, because it is unique. I tried getting a hotmail account using M0rpheus which didn't work so I added an underscore. Also, he is the greek god of dreams, so if you are getting 0wned by M0r_pheus in CS:S or DOD:S, remember that.

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

I chose mine because I'm not a Japanese doctor.

• User profile image
    prayersonfi​re

I got my handle off an album by The Birthday Party.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Mine is based on my name, rj -  Roberto first name, Middle initial, Dohnert last name.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

IRenderable was the name of a class in my last iteration of my graphics engine. Everything that could be rendered derived from that class.

• User profile image
    Darek​Meridian

My alias started out as and event in a scifi novel. The Dark Meridian so I started using DarkMeridian but it wasn't unique on a lot of websites. So I transposed it to DarekMeridian and got into such a habit of using it I never went back.

Odd how we fall into habits.Mad

• User profile image
    harumscarum

old user name from a ut clan. I had no intention of staying around c9, if I knew I was going to visit here daily I would of used my real name Dave Winer (I kid I kid.)

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

When I die and go to hell, the devil will be in sheer awe of the amount of bad (I need to watch my language) evil that comes out of me. I will be sooo bad that I won't be allowed in hell and have to live the rest of my life in damnation.Hence I am the DevilsRejection.(no wise cracks I made up this handle back when I was 10; 9 years ago)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.