somebody have a invitations?

Bye

• User profile image
    Manip

Bigger isn't always better.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

*scoffs* So what 30 GB's?

"America Online is to offer unlimited email space to its paying subscribers."

2GB's to AIM users...

• User profile image
    TimP

I love how all these sites are using invitations now in an attempt to make themselves more popular.

• User profile image
    robojamie

I totally agree about the invite nonsene. It's just a marketing scheme that attaches to some value to a free service.

I can understand why Google would offer a huge email inbox. They look at 2 gigs of email as 2 gigs of AdWords they can sell. I don't understand why other companies are trying to offer huge amounts of storage. If I was having to deal with 30 gigs of email I would want to use my own mail server and desktop software to deal with it, not webmail.

• User profile image
    footballism

Manip wrote:
    Bigger isn't always better.

But being bigger has nothing wrong:p

Sheva

• User profile image
    bsilby

30gig! Next it will be 100gig, then a 1000gig. These big numbers used to grab my attention and spark my interest, but now they've kind of lost their novelty value.

To be honest, 30gig email is not a good selling point for me. It is unlikely that I would ever use anywhere near 30gig for storing email. Most of my emails are really small, and I'm a tidy person. I rationalize my email storgage--deleting emails that are not going to be of use in the future. In total I have saved about 20 emails that I once thought I'd refer to again. One of them was saved 2 years ago, and I have not looked at it since.

I know that storage is cheap, and it is possible for me to keep every single email I receive. But I can't help being thrifty with my space. I simply do not want to clutter my email service with irrelevant, old emails.

Reliability, security, and speed is more of a selling point to me.

Cheers,
    Brent Silby.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

paulo wrote:
    Look this link http://www.30gigs.com/

somebody have a invitations?

Bye

Who needs web-based email when you've got your own server?

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    geekling

30 gig is overkill unless you want to subscribe to ever pr0n list on the planet.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

I think it would useful. I actually use gmail for source control because I am to lazy to learn any real method of source control. I am starting to delete all the earlier versions of things from my gmail account because of lack of space. I want 30 gigs.

• User profile image
    darrenstrai​ght

I was looking at this service the other day and could only see it being useful if you actually send and receive large files, if on the other hand you don’t then a smaller but much more reliable email host is the better option.

• User profile image
    Carlos Luna

I need an invitation PLEASE

• User profile image
    eddwo

But whats the point? I have only used 94MB out of 2650 on Gmail since I redirected my previous mail into it in December '04
    I've had that address since 1998 and of the 100 or so Spam I'm getting a day, GMail only lets through about 5.
    I've 2788 real emails, and 3350 Spam which is all under 30 days old. At the rate GMail is increasing I'm never going to run out of space.

Who honestly needs that much space?

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

eddwo wrote:

Who honestly needs that much space?

I DO !!!
    Really, my email currently takes up around 10 GB on disk, so it's only a matter of time before I reach 30GB...

• User profile image
    yeschandana

I need a Invitation Pls....!Cool (chandana@yeschandana.com)

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

It's not "email space" it's online personal storage.

Photos, movies, documents, email, whatever you want -

Certainly an interesting idea. Online harddrive without a web server.

• User profile image
    ahmad5331

i need a invitation 30gigs.com
    pleas send me to email
    ahmad5331@yahoo.com

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.