Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Longhorn UI

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MisterDonut

Does anyone know what the UI is currently planned on looking like in the Longhorn release? I have the latest public build of it installed, and, minus the sidebar, it still looks a lot like XP. I imagine this will change.

I certainly hope there will be some change in the UI.. I don't think many non-developers will be impressed enough to buy Longhorn if there isn't some visible changes in the UI.. But maybe this is just me.

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

The final Windows XP UI (Luna) wasn't deployed until after the last public beta, IIRC.

It's likely that something similar will happen with Longhorn.  But I don't know.

I do know that the UI is one of the last things in the system that is finalized - that allows for usability feedback to be integrated into the process.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

My only hope is that they keep the Slate UI as a theme or sopmething.  I like the Longhorn UI's the way they are.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.