Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

disabling memory caching of the BIOS

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Fritz

how do I go about disabling memory caching of the BIOS ??

As you all know i have a serious problem with my comp and im VERY ameture. One was to possibly fix my prob wa to disable the mem caching of bios.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Fritz wrote:
    how do I go about disabling memory caching of the BIOS ??

As you all know i have a serious problem with my comp and im VERY ameture. One was to possibly fix my prob wa to disable the mem caching of bios.

Even through I've never heard about this, it would probably be a BIOS option. At bootup you can get into the BIOS through 1 of 3 possible ways that I know of: hitting the delete key, hitting the F2 key or hitting the esc key.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Fritz, try keeping your problem in 1 thread instead of spreading them in different threads.

Back to your problem. I highly doubt that it's a problem with your memory. Disabling the cache of your processor will slow your computer down to unworkable speed.
    As I mentioned in earlier posts. Did you send that system crash error report to Microsoft's website and did you look at the analysis of it? Most of the times you can find exactly what caused the problem.
    In your previous post you said it was a file from you modem driver. Can you download a newer version of it?
    Try updating your bios too.
    If it still gives problems bring your computer back to the store and demand another modem.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

ZippyV wrote:

Fritz, try keeping your problem in 1 thread instead of spreading them in different threads.

Back to your problem. I highly doubt that it's a problem with your memory. Disabling the cache of your processor will slow your computer down to unworkable speed.
    As I mentioned in earlier posts. Did you send that system crash error report to Microsoft's website and did you look at the analysis of it? Most of the times you can find exactly what caused the problem.
    In your previous post you said it was a file from you modem driver. Can you download a newer version of it?
    Try updating your bios too.
    If it still gives problems bring your computer back to the store and demand another modem.

If the memory was the problem, he would be having issues with or without the modem.

• User profile image
    PeterF

As I suggested in "The Other Thread", when you are in the BIOS, find the option to disable HyperThreading... Next time you may also list the hardware in your computer, that could be more of help than only telling what goes wrong.

Good luck,
    Peter

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.