Coffeehouse Thread

96 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Reality Check

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

How are we doing? What's wrong? What's right?

Speak up. Speak out.

C

• User profile image
    jamie

PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- change show replies - to show new threads (like rss feed ) = 3 minutes

- paste in link to all threads = one minute

- add a total user posts / threads count = 10 minutes

= 14 minutes x a month we've been waiting

apart from that...  hi charles Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

Adam is working on a very special Profile Surprise. It will be worth the wait.

C

• User profile image
    Karim

super-ultra-minor cosmetic thing: I can't do musical double-bar notes (♫).  single notes, si:

aaaand the rockets' red glaaaaaaare...

double bar, non..

otherwise We ♥ Channel 9...

• User profile image
    Chadk

We still need some more videos with Bill Hill!

Also, i have been watching the screen casts. They are awesome! More about WPF plz Cool

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I just checked out the list of screen casts, and realized that they don't get enough attention on the front page. It's only because Chadk posted about them that I noticed them.

• User profile image
    Charles

We should highlight screencasts once in a while, eh? Great point. Podcasts too. Media in general.

Thanks,

C

• User profile image
    Manip

Moderation has improved a LOT in the last few months, we haven't had threads running wild ...

The video quality has remained about constant, with a lot of PDC videos being posted which was great.

The addition of screen-casts is welcomed. Pod-casts I don't use.

The wiki is "fine" .. ^shrug^

The polls could be a little more obvious on the front page (you can't see them unless you scroll down) and perhaps could be updated more often?

The search still sucks, and the bug in the anti-swearing filter hasn't been fixed 'yet'. Ditto with the CSS font size in IE (IE7 fix?). There is also a bug with the clock times, they don't report as BSM even though it is set in my profile. The JavaScript thread page changes aren't great, but might be too hard to fix.

Scoble also still isn't wearing a C9 guy suit during video interviews even though we know you have a suit you could put him in... Wink

• User profile image
    jmacdonagh

Maybe I'm just crazy, but it seems the main RSS feed (http://channel9.msdn.com/rss.aspx?userid=46&watched=true) is borked.

1) The link to the website goes to a 404 (screwed up once you guys did the design change).

2) Sometimes that RSS feed grabs the last threads in the Coffeehouse instead of the latest videos.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

jmacdonagh wrote:
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but it seems the main RSS feed (http://channel9.msdn.com/rss.aspx?userid=46&watched=true) is borked.

1) The link to the website goes to a 404 (screwed up once you guys did the design change).

2) Sometimes that RSS feed grabs the last threads in the Coffeehouse instead of the latest videos.

Answer to 1)  That's true, the link is bad, thanks for pointing that out.

Answer to 2)  That because you're subscribed to "What we're watching", which is a selection of posts we bubble up to the front page.  They don't have to just be videos.

Video RSS link

• User profile image
    McDonald

Add a view for recent posts across topics.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm missing a little bit the total of how much guests are on the page and how much people are logged in...

Otherwise: GREAT!

• User profile image
    Sabot

Remember the concept behind the 'Echo-Chamber'.

I would like to see even more transparency!

Blogs are great but they are still a sanitized view of whats going on behind the scenes!

I want to see more of the raw thinking.

Perhaps it would be good to see reflections of internal forums posted on C9 may be not warts and all but don't hide from us!

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

First of all: This place is wonderful!

Now, having said that, a "Mark all posts read" link would be great! Wink

• User profile image
    burtriddley

- Threaded replies to posts.
    - Force MANIP to use the standard font size.

• User profile image
    Red5

Optimizing the PocketPC experience would be most wonderful.  Wink

• User profile image
    Sabot

burtriddley wrote:

- Force MANIP to use the standard font size.

Manip has bad eyes! Cool

Red5 wrote:
    Optimizing the PocketPC experience would be most wonderful. 

I would really like to second this! I use C9 more on my PDA than my desktop via an RSS reader, but if I want to post back I have to go to the site and it's not a good experience!

• User profile image
    manickernel

Red5 wrote:
    Optimizing the PocketPC experience would be most wonderful. 

Ditto.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.