Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

ati mobility 9700 and longhorn drivers - where can you find ones that work?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    miamijjs

ati and longhorn drivers  - where can you find ones that work?

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

There probably aren't any this early in Longhorn's development. Installing the latest version of the drivers from your computer's OEM for Windows XP (perhaps in Longhorn's Windows XP compatibility mode if there is compatibility mode for drivers) would probably be your best shot. Another possibility would be to install the Catalyst drivers. I read several comments on forums that stated that you could modify the inf to get it to install on laptops powered by ATI mobility.

While there is no guarentee that either method would work, they are your best shot.

• User profile image
    PeterF

Well I guess they would need to have Longhorn ported drivers to get Avalon to work. Here at work the new Asus AX800Pro card (ATI X800) arrived for the Longhorn test machine, and the latest drivers don't show transparancy. Maybe something releasing Pre-Alpha ATI drivers for making the Longhorn Pre-Alpha more enjoyable? Wink

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

PeterF wrote:
    Well I guess they would need to have Longhorn ported drivers to get Avalon to work. Here at work the new Asus AX800Pro card (ATI X800) arrived for the Longhorn test machine, and the latest drivers don't show transparancy. Maybe something releasing Pre-Alpha ATI drivers for making the Longhorn Pre-Alpha more enjoyable? Wink

Developing them at the same time helps ATI get Longhorn drivers out faster and helps Microsoft develop the hardware accelerated GUI.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Thanks for the suggestions, its working now. Are the new effects in the 4074 and just not working due to my hardware or are they just not included? Also 3d gaming seems to studder on the audio side of things. I like it... can't wait for the real beta.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

miamijjs wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestions, its working now. Are the new effects in the 4074 and just not working due to my hardware or are they just not included? Also 3d gaming seems to studder on the audio side of things. I like it... can't wait for the real beta.

If I recall what I read on winsupersite.com, the hardware UI engine is not finished yet.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.