Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

More IE requests...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    surferdude

Maybe already mentioned, but in case it hasn't -

In Firefox, when I increase the font size, the font size increases. In IE, increasing the font size rarely has any effect for whatever reason.

It's the little things that matter when the front lines are fairly even.

- surf

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I think that's because the webmasters of those site made the font size fixed instead of relative.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

ZippyV wrote:
    I think that's because the webmasters of those site made the font size fixed instead of relative.

No, the reason is because IE text resize does not resize text with a css font size. I'd suggest that you edit the Wiki to back up existing complaints about this.

• User profile image
    Catatonic

The problem is not CSS. IE can re-size text that is sized with units like ems or points. Try it right now, on this Channel 9 page. But IE cannot re-size text when the font size is given in pixels.

• User profile image
    rasx

Microsoft supported the CSS adequately in IE. But now the IE team is probably too busy dealing with security issues to get intimate about the user experience.

Have we seen any Channel9 videos from the IE team?

Are we more into XAML than XHTML right about now?

PS: I should be writing this post with an instance of "Microsoft Word Express" that can transform the data I enter here into XHTML 1.0 strict. I should have this functionality out of the box instead of spending years trying to build it myself. Will ASP.NET 2.0 have a Word Control on the ToolBar? Probably not.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

(Moved my announcement over here instead)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.