Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I'm back

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jackco

    and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET Smiley

  • User profile image
    Andrei P

    And you had to open a topic just for saying that? Perplexed

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Jackco wrote:
    and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET


    Why? Wink

    I'll agree PHP is better than ASP.NET for RAD and small-site development, but please argue why PHP is better than ASP for all other purposes.

    And don't mention the whole "FOSS" thing, because ASP.NET is open-source under MONO. Smiley

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    Jackco wrote:
    and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET

    Having used both, I disagree.  SO THERE!!!1111

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    What's PHP? Aaaah, it is this here. Interesting.

  • User profile image
    mw5300

    It stands for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor. It's an open source scripting language similar to .Net. p.s. I didn't see your post, littleguru.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    mw5300 wrote:
    It stands for PHP Hypertext Preprocessor. It's an open source scripting language similar to .Net. p.s. I didn't see your post, littleguru.


    PHP is NOT similar to .NET in any way, shape, or form.

    PHP is a language and a scripting environment.

    .NET is an application framework and runtime. It is NOT a language.

    You also cannot compare ASP.NET with PHP (if this was your intention) because the two are so separated at every level (except that they both churn out HTTP streams, but they accomplish it via totally different means).

    Get your facts straight before posting next time.

  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

    Jackco wrote:
    and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET


    Isn't PHP a creme for Hemmorhoids?

  • User profile image
    Simo

    Jackco wrote:
    and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET


    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO no it's not.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Jackco wrote:and I still say PHP is the best over ASP.NET


    Isn't PHP a creme for Hemmorhoids?


    "Preparation H"

    Whats the last "P" for then?

  • User profile image
    Tensor

    Pain.

  • User profile image
    footballism

    Tensor wrote:
    Pain.

    PHP = Prescribed HyperText Pain:P

    Sheva

  • User profile image
    PeterH

    I have alot more experience in PHP than in ASP.NET, but from the little I have done, I have to say that I prefer PHP. But in this case my opinion really is just personal preference, I'm not saying either is better or worse.

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    PHP is so last 1990's!  Try Ruby on Rails or Atlas on ASP.NET instead!

  • User profile image
    Andrei P

    I started with PHP (& MySQL) and then moved to ASP.NET (& SQL Server).
    I can't hate PHP since I developed so many websites with it and it was one of the first programming languages I learned, however since I started building big web projects, I started to dislike it.

    Conclusion? PHP is good for small web projects, being more effective, while ASP.NET tends to be less handy. However on midsize and big projects, it's the other way around.

    P.S.: I hate Smarty with a passion.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.