Coffeehouse Thread

74 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Chat with the IE team TOMORROW (Thursday 8th)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jonathanh

There's a live chat with the IE6 team tomorrow, Thursday July 8th, 10am PST time.  Go here for details: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/default.mspx

(I figured this really deserved a thread of its own :->)

• User profile image
    Knute

I can see the sparks and fur flying now!!! I can't wait to sit back and watch what happens...

~ Knute

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Ugh... Why does this always have to be when I'm busy? ^_^;; A few hours earlier/later, or even any time on sunday, monday or friday would be lovely but not when I have class...

• User profile image
    rasx

Hey, I was just ranting about the lack of IE star-power in another post. What a coincidence!

• User profile image
    JohnSands

There's an IE team?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

o dear, that should be fun. I wish I could be there too. Will the transript be posted once it is over?

• User profile image
    Manip

That is 6pm UK time! (I will post transcript if I remember)

• User profile image
    jamie

1pm toronto time - ill be there ( am already - got the window open...*almost* full screen Wink

• User profile image
    fdezjose

This chat reminds me to the Longhorn chat some month ago, with scobleizer and some others MS people. There was a lot people but they only answered like 2 or 3 question, but thanks to that chat I discover Channel 9! Let s see today's chat. 

• User profile image
    harumscarum

anyone want to bet on the first three questions (in order)? I say:
    1) security (just fix it already...we all now it is just a simple line change)
    2) standards (do you care?)
    3) Is there life on Titan?

edit:
    thanks manip (only if you remember)

• User profile image
    Knute

Can you say SCALABILITY ISSUES?? I keep getting an error when I try to log on to this chat. How pathetic is that?

It reminds me of the busy signal you get when try to call the radio station to win a pair of Kiss tickets....

~ Knute

• User profile image
    Manip

I got banned because I said nasty things about one of Microsofts precious Most Valuable Professional, not shocked. And all I said was I wanted him to stop spouting rubbish from the microsoft knowledge base.

If some other, non MVP had pasted the same stuff in the chat window like he was THEY would have been banned I have no doubt. 

It is blatent bias towards them/him on the hosts part.

• User profile image
    manickernel

I couldn't get on either. Just timed out.

• User profile image
    jamie

Quick summary:

- we cant say
    -security is important
    - we are reviewing all requests

526 requests for png / tabs and better css

- manip kicked out
    - SA argued for better standards support
    - I mentioned - what else - full screen

Jonathan was there

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Hey guys - I came in 15 minutes late, but I'll post my transcript to the wiki, and then I think ShiningArcanine may have earlier stuff to add to it.

They'll post an official transcript later on, but this should keep you guys amused in the meantime Smiley

Also, they'll be holding another IE6 chat on the second Thursday in August. 

Update: ok, I've put my transcript of the last 45 minutes at http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.IEChatTranscriptFromJuly04   

• User profile image
    harumscarum

amusing indeed.

How do the persons on the IE team feel when it seems there is so much hostility out there against them? Obviously IE is "good enough" but yet if you took a poll with some developers they would think IE is the most annoying thing since "carbs". I guess you probaly couldn't answer this question honestly but anyone who takes pride in their work would have to be annoyed or maybe you just get used to it at MS.

• User profile image
    GooberDLX

:: sigh , after looking for section when Manip got tossed ::

hehe , for purely entertainment purposes

Jake

• User profile image
    Manip

Before the thing we were all discussing topics and people asked for help and he kept going to the MS knowledge base and copy/pasting these long answers and I told him to shut it and stuff so they kicked me and banned me.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.