Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Quit locking threads

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

I understand you're trying to moderate but seriously, you're locking some threads that have 0 (yeah, zero) flame wars or any personal attacks in them.

For example, the RSS Reader thread in the Coffee House, you told us that IE 7 and Vista will have it then told us to shove everything else by locking that thread.. Wtf? If you want to moderate go ahead....but please be modest and do it right.

Thread in question
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Manip

That thread was started on the 4th of December 2004(!) and was bumped by some jackass for their own amusement. I'm not sure if locking it was the right move; but there you have the reason.

• User profile image
    brussell

It looks to me like it was locked because it is almost a year old and was brought back to advertise a product and there are other, more current threads on the first page of Coffee House.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

I'm locking threads that are
    Angel dups of ones that already exist on the front page
    and/or
    (b) were bumped from months and months ago

But you're right, I should've separated the vista stuff from the lock. I'll go nuke the vista comments

• User profile image
    Steve411

Ok.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.