Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft feels your pain

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JChung2006
  • User profile image
    AndyC

Can't stop laughing...

• User profile image
    jamie

haha very good

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Whinnar Smiley

...although I noticed that was Microsoft's Reading Campus, and there they have half-height cubicles rather than offices like in Redmond.

Can anyone from MS comment on that?

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:
    Whinnar

...although I noticed that was Microsoft's Reading Campus, and there they have half-height cubicles rather than offices like in Redmond.

Haven't we had this discussion already? Certainly never seen full height cubicles in building one, except for meeting rooms, offices for printers and the kitchens.

Oh and the library.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

W3bbo wrote:
    Whinnar

Yes I noticed the half-height cubicles as well.

• User profile image
    blowdart

AdamKinney wrote:

They're seperator "partitions". And they're everywhere.

The layout is sort of like

--------- WINDOW ----------
    |                         |
    -----------    ------------
    -----------    ------------
            FLOOR SPACE

So you get four people in a little bubble with a corridor up the middle. And these are obviously side by side as well.

Between teams, at least in building one you get a double height partition, which still doesn't extend to the ceiling.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

AdamKinney wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:Whinnar

Astute observation Wink

The thing is, if I had to work somewhere, I wouldn't be too happy with working in the office shown in that video (not because of the chairs with spikes), but I like flipping over to Slashdot once in a while, and having 2 monitors, a computer I can personalise and stuff.

Unless the department shown on the video wasn't the "real" devvies. The ones we see on the C9 videos all have really neat boxen, some even have rival (OMG) Logitech keyboards.

I wonder if I'd get fired if I developed using GCC/Vim on BSD instead of VC on Windows Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.