Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PDC 2006

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MisterDonut

Ok, With Vista due to be released next year, we're bound to have a PDC next year.

Question is, does anyone know where it will be? Or is it always in LA?

Anything anyone would want to see differently than PDC this year?

• User profile image
    irascian

MisterDonut wrote:
    Ok, With Vista due to be released next year, we're bound to have a PDC next year.

What makes you say that? PDC has traditionally focussed on things that are at least 6 months out. Next year PDC will be just a month or two away from Vista being released and TechEd will be the event for Vista coverage.

I'm not saying there won't be a PDC next year (there is plenty of stuff coming after Vista - Orcas for one), just that assuming there will be one because of Vista sounds just plain wrong.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

irascian wrote:
    MisterDonut wrote: Ok, With Vista due to be released next year, we're bound to have a PDC next year.

What makes you say that? PDC has traditionally focussed on things that are at least 6 months out. Next year PDC will be just a month or two away from Vista being released and TechEd will be the event for Vista coverage.

I'm not saying there won't be a PDC next year (there is plenty of stuff coming after Vista - Orcas for one), just that assuming there will be one because of Vista sounds just plain wrong.

My mistake.. Let me rephrase.

Anyone know if PDC is always held in LA? Or does it change?

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

No its not always in L.A., I remember going to one in Orlando.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Thanks, Adam!

• User profile image
    BruceLee

MS held one PDC in China many years ago. It is bad MS had decided not to have PDC in China any more since then. Mad TechEd is not so attractive to a developer, if compared with PDC.

• User profile image
    Karim

BruceLee wrote:
    MS held one PDC in China many years ago. It is bad MS had decided not to have PDC in China any more since then.

Admittedly, a PDC in China could be much more interesting.  You could have presentations like:

Raymond Chen [taking fighting stance]: You disgraced my family and killed my Master.  Now you will pay for your evil.

Kai Fu [taking defensive stance]: Ha ha!  If you love your master so much, I will send you to be with him!

[flurry of fists, roundhouse kicks and gravity-defying backflips]

Kai Fu [wiping blood from corner of mouth]: How... how is this possible?

Raymond Chen: Before he died, my Master taught me the five-pointer floating page fault technique.

Kai Fu [enraged, attacking]: AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I already told my wife...

If there is a PDC2006 and I can afford it I'm going.

It would be nice if PDC2006 (If it exist) started showing off parts of Blackcomb.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

The PDC I went to (1995) was in Seattle so no on only being in LA.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

My vote would be Philly.. Not that anyone is listening.. Nice Convention center. Stuff to do on South Street.. Good food.

Oh yeah, the close proximity doesn't hurt.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I'd vote for Anaheim. I believe they have big convention centers there, and they'd probably rent DisneyLand or Knottsbery for a night like they did Universal Smiley

p.s. I can also get away from the family for a week again...hehe [6]

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Karim wrote:

Raymond Chen [taking fighting stance]: You disgraced my family and killed my Master.  Now you will pay for your evil.

Kai Fu [taking defensive stance]: Ha ha!  If you love your master so much, I will send you to be with him!

[flurry of fists, roundhouse kicks and gravity-defying backflips]

Kai Fu [wiping blood from corner of mouth]: How... how is this possible?

Raymond Chen: Before he died, my Master taught me the five-pointer floating page fault technique.

Kai Fu [enraged, attacking]: AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

Badly dubbed, of course. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Sven Groot wrote:
    Badly dubbed, of course.

Want badly dubbed. Go, take a few bucks out of your pocket and rent the movie "Kung Pow, Enter the Fist".. Nice, funny movie, with plenty of rip-offs of the Matrix and every bad kung-fu movie ever made.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.