Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Best Convertible Laptop/Tablet combo is?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    LaBomba

So how many of you own a convertible tablet/laptop?

So far in your experience what is the best Convertible Laptop/Tablet? Brand or if you have a specific model.

Just looking in to purchasing a Tablet now, thinking why not just go for the combo and get the best of both worlds.

Thanks.

-LB

I wonder how many Microsofties prefer the combo over just a reg. laptop...

• User profile image
    Karim

Wait until late this year/early next if you can, new Tablets & laptops with 8xx-series dual-core Yonah CPUs come out...

I'm still trying to sort out whether there will ever be a WVDDM driver for the 915 chipset and Intel's GMA 900.  Alas, right now the 8 Ball says "Signs point to NO."  915GM, no; 915PM, maybe, as long as you are using ATI or nVidia graphics.  Better off waiting for Napa-based mobile systems early next year?  See

http://www.intel.com/business/bss/products/client/vistasolutions/mobile.htm

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

I am hoping lenovo will release a wide screen x series tablet.

that for me... would be sex.

• User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

DevilsRejection wrote:
    I am hoping lenovo will release a wide screen x series tablet.

that for me... would be sex.

Get out much?  Smiley

• User profile image
    msemack

I still love my Thinkpad X41.

• User profile image
    fergbrain

msemack wrote:

I still love my Thinkpad X41.

One of my buddies in college uses a X41 Tablet. My initial reaction was that it was really cool, however I found the screen resolution (the M200 is 1400x1050 vs. the X41's 1024x768) and lack of Windows Key a big issue.

In any event, I've had my Toshiba M200 tablet for over a year now and I just love it and would recomend that to someone looking for a Tablet. If memory serves correct, Scoble also uses a M200.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.