Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

A boy named Google

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Born2Run
  • User profile image
    dahat

I do hope that he never grows up to be a mathematician... otherwise he is sure to be made fun of...

Hey Google! Don’t you know how to spell your own name Googol?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Born2Run wrote:

Seems rather unethical if you ask me.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

If I were named Google, I think I would be scarred for life.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Now I know why we have laws in Canada about not being able to name your kid with silly names like Pepsi or Chevrolet....hehe

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Harlequin wrote:
    Now I know why we have laws in Canada about not being able to name your kid with silly names like Pepsi or Chevrolet....hehe

A similar law was introduced here in the UK after some child was born and named "Spark Plug" about 3 years ago.

• User profile image
    Born2Run

Harlequin wrote:
    I saw an interview with the father (which works in the SEO industry btw) and he said he did not run into any problems registering the name with the Swedish authorities.

Google is actually his third name, Oliver Christian Google

• User profile image
    Adamallica

Poor kid...

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Its fathers like that who should be castrated and not allowed to have any children.   If it was me when I turned 18, I would change my name.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.