Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Do any of the social bookmark sites do this?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Basically I want to know if I sign up for one of these social bookmarking sites if one of them does the following:

At first I login with 0 bookmarks and it says I have X number of users in common with me.

Then as I start adding bookmarks then that number gets lower and lower and lower.

Lets say I login one day and after using said service for a month or two it says I have 90 people in common with me (that is share the same bookmarks I have) so I check out Person ABC's bookmark list and discover some great sites I like!

Optimally you would log in, and it would show you the top 50 or so users, with percentage signs by their username.

Person A 100% of your bookmarks they have
    Person B Same as above
    Person C 95% of the bookmarks you have.

And so on and so on. Basically it would help me find people who have common interests with me and share links that I never heard of anywhere else.

Does any site do this?

• User profile image
    exovis

Sounds like a great idea.  Can't say I've seen that, but I haven't spent much time on those sites either.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Yea me either, hard to use em since they don't integrate into the browser.

• User profile image
    sbc

You could try Flock to see what it is like. As it is in beta, if it lacks a feature you could request it and it may be implemented.

Stumbleupon, while not a bookmark site, allows you to look at what others are interested in.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.