Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Gateway: "Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

Okay, I just heard on tv an advertisement from Gateway about their tablet PCs.

The announcer said something like, "With a Gateway tablet PC with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005..."

Um, yeah. I am fully convinced now that MS product names are too long and dull.

I think there should be two names, something jazzy like "WinTabletz 2005" and then the official, mediocre "Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005" written at the bottom of the box.

What do you guys think?

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Manip

Hate it. I'd call it - "Windows for Tablet PC 2005" (WTP 05)

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I wasn't being specific..I just wanted to see people's opinions on having two names on the box: the Official, dull Name for product versioning, etc, and the Cool, Jazzy name that everyone uses.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Yeah, names like 'Panther', and 'Tiger', and 'Leopard'. And then you can give the box a texture of leopard skin, or make it black.

• User profile image
    Compiled​Monkey

Avalon, Indigo, etc are soooo much better than their official names.

• User profile image
    trolane

dont matter what they call it. until it comes with raid 0, amd dual core and nvidia 7800gtx even if it ends up weighing 15 pounds its not worth buying.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

trolane wrote:
    dont matter what they call it. until it comes with raid 0, amd dual core and nvidia 7800gtx even if it ends up weighing 15 pounds its not worth buying.

TabletPCs aren't meant for gaming, so your point is invalid.

Besides, the GeForce 7800GTX chipset isn't available in GoForce or GeForce Go, not even in their MXM form-factor.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.