Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My picture wont change

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

    My display picture wont change even after trying every day for a week..

    What the .... need i say more?
    - Steve

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Do a Ctrl+F5.

    The "Content-Last-Changed" HTTP header doesn't change if you update your avatar.

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    W3bbo wrote:
    Do a Ctrl+F5.

    The "Content-Last-Changed" HTTP header doesn't change if you update your avatar.



    Tried, doesn't work.

    - Steve

  • User profile image
    BenZila

    I just changed mine to test, and it has changed for me. But the forum has ripped away my transparency.

    Can anyone help me with that? I'll provide the original png.

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    BenZila wrote:
    I just changed mine to test, and it has changed for me. But the forum has ripped away my transparency.

    Can anyone help me with that? I'll provide the original png.

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Just load it into Photoshop, paste it onto a new canvas with C9's "avatar grey" color as the BG, then save 'n' upload.

  • User profile image
    sbc

    It would be better though if C9 used PNG as the avatar image format rather than JPG. Then you could have transparency and not worry about the background. Not GIF as PNG supports more colours and is generally a better format.

  • User profile image
    Charles

    Steve411 wrote:

    My display picture wont change even after trying every day for a week..

    What the .... need i say more?
    - Steve



    Must be a caching issue (on your end?). I can't repro the problem.
    C

  • User profile image
    footballism

    BenZila wrote:
    I just changed mine to test, and it has changed for me. But the forum has ripped away my transparency.

    Can anyone help me with that? I'll provide the original png.

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    I also get the same problem:(

    Edit: No matter what kinda format your display image is, when you upload it to Channel9, the system will convert it to jpeg format, Charles, please fix this:P

    Sheva

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.