Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

"Suspect in AltaVista hacking case works at Microsoft"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=22099&category=main

I think the person who wrote comment #20 made some good points. Anyway, please tell me that none of their code is in MSN Search...

• User profile image
    Manip

Why are you guys so shocked, everyone that works at Microsoft is a criminal in one way or another. I mean Lenn has that double murder conviction and Charles released that 'super virus' that killed a few thousand people, and you’re shocked by THIS?!

• User profile image
    jamie

..the scarry part is i hope ms search use NONE of that code.. i hated that search

• User profile image
    lars

Another thread with comments about this: Microsoft New Search Engine Preview - Your Opinions

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I got a speeding ticket on 405. 71 in a 60. Sigh.

• User profile image
    lars

Shining Arcanine wrote:

I think the person who wrote comment #20 made some good points.

Choice pieces of #20 for your reading convenience:

"that source code is two years old, and wasn't effective enough back then to stop Google from making everyone practically forget AV existed. It's likely evolved even more since then, anyway. Remember, MS is trying to out-do Google, they probably wouldn't succeed with old AV code [...]
    Working on similar tech doesn't necessarily mean he's actually working with stolen code."

Now, I'm more worried about Scoble here ... Smiley

• User profile image
    Cider

lars wrote:
    Now, I'm more worried about Scoble here ... Smiley

Especially since Scoble was on his "Sweet 10 Speed" (see Moblog) at the time!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.