Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Latest Microsoft Release Dates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Zeo

Windows Vista

Rumors are abound that the RTM date has officially been set for July 25th, 2006. Microsoft is pushing hard for this date to prepare OEM's for the Christmas season ramp-up. With all of the new sku's being released, OEM's and Microsoft have been in talks to prepare them for the madness that will follow the release. A Beta 2 of Vista is expected to be in testers hands on December 16th, 2005.

Office 12

Office 12 Beta 1 will be available on MSDN Subscriber downloads within the next few weeks. In a marketing ploy, Microsoft decided to wait in order to build interest up before releasing it to developers.

AntiSpyware Beta 2

With rumors of a merge between Windows OneCare and AntiSpyware, The Hotfix has learned that they will indeed be a Beta 2 of AntiSpyware being released. Although an exact date is not yet know, late November 2005 has been a date that has been heard over and over

• User profile image
    eagle

What's the point of posting rumors?

• User profile image
    Compiled​Monkey

Because it's more fun than not posting them.

• User profile image
    lethalbyte

I think they're good to read, I understand that they're just rumours Smiley

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Zeo wrote:
    Office 12 Beta 1 will be available on MSDN Subscriber downloads within the next few weeks. In a marketing ploy, Microsoft decided to wait in order to build interest up before releasing it to developers.

Now there's marketting on beta releases? gg nextmap :rolleyes:

I love it when you get a beta or CTP in download form, and it's three weeks or more old.

--edit: Opera sure works great with C9

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Even if the rumors are true, we'd still have to wait until holiday season to buy a copy of Vista right?  I'm a but unsure what RTM entails.

• User profile image
    eagle

RTM is Release To Manufactures, where they make the CD's and DVD’s.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

where some angst 17 year old kid with pimples will get a cd and post the iso.

hell after xp rtmed it got leaked onto the net less than a week later.

• User profile image
    Minh

Does the Xmas buying season figure into Vista release date? I mean, I can't imagine this sentence on Xmas morning:

"Oh, daddy, it's Windows Vista Ultimate Ed. 2005! I love you!"

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Minh wrote:
    Does the Xmas buying season figure into Vista release date? I mean, I can't imagine this sentence on Xmas morning:

"Oh, daddy, it's Windows Vista Ultimate Ed. 2005! I love you!"

:cough: [A]

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.